This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Error CS0117: `Uurwerk.Droid.Resource.Animation' does not contain a definition for `design_bottom_sheet_slide_in'

2 Answers 75 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Maurits
Top achievements
Rank 1
Maurits asked on 04 Jul 2016, 12:41 PM

After successfully integrating the Telerik UI for Xamarin Calendar component into my Xamarin App I am trying todo the same for my Android version. However after adding the 'Telerik.UI.for.Xamarin' nuget package I get a lot (2580) build errors all looking similar to this:

`Uurwerk.Droid.Resource.Animation' does not contain a definition for `design_bottom_sheet_slide_in' (CS0117)

I have closely followed the 'Getting started' guide provided by Telerik and made sure all versions of the dependencies are as specified in the 'Required Android Support Libraries' guide (see packages.config contents below).

The application builds (and runs) fine without the reference to 'Telerik.UI.for.Xamarin' (obviously without using the calendar control). What am I doing wrong? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Contents of "packages.config":

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<packages>
    <package id="HockeySDK.Xamarin" version="4.1.0-beta3" targetFramework="MonoAndroid60" />
    <package id="MvvmCross" version="4.2.0" targetFramework="MonoAndroid60" />
    <package id="MvvmCross.Binding" version="4.2.0" targetFramework="MonoAndroid60" />
    <package id="MvvmCross.Core" version="4.2.0" targetFramework="MonoAndroid60" />
    <package id="MvvmCross.Platform" version="4.2.0" targetFramework="MonoAndroid60" />
    <package id="Telerik.UI.for.Xamarin" version="2016.2.614.1" targetFramework="MonoAndroid60" />
    <package id="Xamarin.Android.Support.Animated.Vector.Drawable" version="23.3.0" targetFramework="MonoAndroid60" />
    <package id="Xamarin.Android.Support.v4" version="23.3.0" targetFramework="MonoAndroid60" />
    <package id="Xamarin.Android.Support.v7.AppCompat" version="23.3.0" targetFramework="MonoAndroid60" />
    <package id="Xamarin.Android.Support.v7.RecyclerView" version="23.3.0" targetFramework="MonoAndroid60" />
    <package id="Xamarin.Android.Support.v8.RenderScript" version="23.3.0" targetFramework="MonoAndroid60" />
    <package id="Xamarin.Android.Support.Vector.Drawable" version="23.3.0" targetFramework="MonoAndroid60" />
    <package id="Xamarin.Forms" version="2.2.0.31" targetFramework="MonoAndroid60" />
</packages>

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Maurits
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Jul 2016, 12:57 PM

I have found the solution, instead of referencing a NuGet package I reference the .NET assemblies directly (according to this article 'Getting started for Xamarin'). This way works perfectly.

Deyan
Telerik team
answered on 05 Jul 2016, 07:47 AM
Hello Maurits,

Good that you've managed to resolve the case.

We will close this thread but do not hesitate to contact us in case you need further assistance.

Regards,
Deyan
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Maurits
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Maurits
Top achievements
Rank 1
Deyan
Telerik team