I believe the cause for the issue comes from an unsupported file type included in your project. Can you please make sure that the project doesn't include any .bat
files. Further, please have a look at the requirements for file and folder names
and make sure that your project files comply with them.
With our upcoming releases we will improve the error messaging in the AppBuilder
extension for Visual Studio so you can receive more specific information when an internal server error occurs during the build.
If you can't find any unsupported files in your project and you belie the cause for the issue lies elsewhere, we will need you to open a support ticket with the following attachments:
- A capture of the HTTP requests AppBuilder performed on your side. You can gather those using Fiddler:
- Download Fiddler from here and install it.
- Run Fiddler and go to Tools -> Fiddler Options.
- On the HTTPS page, verify that Capture HTTPS Connects is enabled.
- Verify that Decrypt HTTPS traffic is enabled with the ...from all processes option and minimize Fiddler to tray.
- Run your AppBuilder client and perform the operations that failed
- In Fiddler, go to File -> Save -> All Sessions, save the archive to disk. This will produce a SAZ file.
- Zip the .saz file and attach it in a ticket
- Your original project or a sample reproducing the issue
This will enable us to closely examine the responses from the server as well as your project structure. We will then be able to suggest a solution.