Error 403 Installing any application

1 Answer 164 Views
Connectivity Download Installation
Jorge
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jorge asked on 11 Jul 2022, 07:47 AM | edited on 11 Jul 2022, 08:47 AM

I'm having a very weird error when trying to install any application using the Progress Control Panel, it doesn't matter if it's a trial or a free app or one of my licensed products.

My network connectivy it's just fine, I can log in to the app sucessfully and even I can access my account from the web and download the .msi for any application/package.

Log of the error:

Telerik.CommonInstaller.Operations.Download.DownloadOperationException: DownloadFailed ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at Telerik.Installers.Downloader.ByteRangeDownloader.ProcessSegmentCore(DownloadContext context, Segment segment)
   at Telerik.Installers.Downloader.ByteRangeDownloader.<>c__DisplayClass9_0.<ProcessSegment>b__0()
   at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.TransientFaultHandling.RetryPolicy.<>c__DisplayClass28_0.<ExecuteAction>b__0()
   at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.TransientFaultHandling.RetryPolicy.ExecuteAction[TResult](Func`1 func)
   at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.TransientFaultHandling.RetryPolicy.ExecuteAction(Action action)
   at Telerik.Installers.Downloader.ByteRangeDownloader.ProcessSegment(DownloadContext context, Segment segment, RetryPolicy retryPolicy)
   at Telerik.Installers.Downloader.ByteRangeDownloader.<>c__DisplayClass8_0.<Start>b__5(Object state)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nikolay Mishev
Telerik team
answered on 11 Jul 2022, 08:34 AM

Hello Jorge,

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced installation issues. The fastest work around in that case is to download the offline installation package (MSI) from your downloads page. It provides an installation wizard, and it is a great alternative to the Progress Control Panel. In fact, the Progress Control Panel downloads MSI files and performs a silent installation.

In order to find out what causes the download problem, we will need more information. You can provide that information using Telerik Fiddler or FiddlerCap. Here is how to provide web requests logs with FiddlerCap:

1. Download and install Telerik FiddlerCap.
  2. Launch Telerik FiddlerCap.
  3. Make sure Decrypt HTTPS traffic is selected.
  4. Launch Progress Control Panel.
  5. Click on Start Capture.
  6. Select a product and proceed with installation in order to reproduce the problem.
  7. Click on Stop Capture after the problem is reproduced.
  8. Save the session and send us the log (the SAZ file).

Note that in order to send us the session you will need to open a private support thread and attach the information there.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,
Nikolay Mishev
Progress Telerik

The Premier Dev Conference is back! 

Coming to you live from Progress360 in-person or on your own time, DevReach for all. Register Today.

Jorge
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 11 Jul 2022, 08:47 AM

Ok, thanks, I already created the private support ticket attaching .saz file.
Tags
Connectivity Download Installation
Asked by
Jorge
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Nikolay Mishev
Telerik team
Share this question
or