properties allows you to control concurrency conflicts. You may find more information here
property allows you to define the key generator used for the primary key column in the backend. That property is mostly useful in model first scenarios, when you create the conceptual model first and then create the storage model (the database). You could find more information about Model-First development here
. There are four possible IdentityMechanism
- the primary key column in the database is auto-incremental.
- specifies that the default value for the key generator will be used by the runtime.
- defines the 'Guid' key generator. Your identity field will require Guid values.
(default at the moment)- internal identity will be used. Telerik OpenAccess ORM always needs to associate its persistent types with a primary key. If such is not supplied, Telerik OpenAccess ORM uses internal mechanism for creating IDs. This mechanism relies that a certain table (voa_keygen) is presented in your database.
The Update Schema
property is related to the Update Database from Model wizard. For example, the wizard will look for changes in entities with Update Schema
property set to true
The Cache Policy
property is related to the 2nd level cache
. When the 2nd level cache is enabled, the Cache Policy
property specifies whether objects of that type should be cached or not. The following cache policies are available:
- NoCache - do not cache instances of this class.
- CacheOnly - cache instances of this class.
- CacheAllInstances - cache all instances of this class as soon as an instance is requested. All rows from its table will be read and cached whenever an instance is requested but not found in cache. This may work well for small static tables.
We are planning to provide a help topic describing all possible properties for the different items in the Visual Designer. Meanwhile, if you have further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
All the best,
the Telerik team
Register for the Q2 2011 What's New Webinar Week. Mark your calendar for the week starting July 18th and book your seat for a walk through of all the exciting stuff we will ship with the new release!