This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Enabling the TeamPulse TFS Process template to use TFS 2012 new features

2 Answers 16 Views
TFS Integration
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Max Figueredo
Top achievements
Rank 1
Max Figueredo asked on 17 Jul 2013, 09:53 PM
Hi,

We recently upgraded to TFS 2012, and after fixing the description mapping issue, everything is working as it used to.

My Team Project was created using the TeamPulse Process Template. However this template does not seem to support the new features in TFS 2012, such as code review, my work, feedback, planning tools, storyboarding, etc. and the TFS automatic configuration fails with TeamPulse's process template.

I am aware that Microsoft provides documentation on how to manually edit a process template to support the new features, however as this is a vendor-provided process template, I was hoping there is some step-by-step instructions on how to make the necessary changes on the Telerik process template.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Oleg
Telerik team
answered on 23 Jul 2013, 03:57 PM
Hello Max,

In relation to your request we created the following article where we provide instructions for upgrading the TeamPulse process template. The instructions follow mainly the steps provided by MSDN, but with focus on the specifics of the TeamPulse template, adding some issues that we found during testing the upgrade.

In the article you can also find a file with the already updated process template - you can use it to directly update your TFS template without editing it yourself (if you haven't made any customizations to the original process template).

Saving a copy of your current process template before upgrading is recommended.

Let us know if you have any feedback on the article or if you need some further assistance.

Regards,
Oleg
Telerik
Max Figueredo
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Jul 2013, 04:32 PM
This is great, I will be trying this out very shortly, thanks guys !!
Tags
TFS Integration
Asked by
Max Figueredo
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Oleg
Telerik team
Max Figueredo
Top achievements
Rank 1