This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Drill Down

3 Answers 90 Views
ChartView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Pablo
Top achievements
Rank 1
Pablo asked on 27 Mar 2012, 10:50 PM
Is it possible to implement Drill Downs with the Chart View:
Years > Months > Days

Thanks.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vladimir Milev
Telerik team
answered on 30 Mar 2012, 01:53 PM
Hi,

Can you please provide some more details about your specific scenario? How does your data look like? How do you imagine the chart behaving, what chart type will you be using, etc.

Thank you for taking the time to try RadChartView.

Greetings,
Vladimir Milev
the Telerik team
Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
Pablo
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Mar 2012, 02:03 PM
The data is just an activity table; example:
UserId    IpAddress    ActivityDate
1            127.0.0.1      1/1/2012 12:00 PM
1            127.0.0.1      1/1/2012 12:04 PM
1            127.0.0.1      1/1/2012 12:08 PM
1            127.0.0.1      1/1/2012 12:12 PM

Now, I want to create a bar chart displaying number of views per year; when a user clicks on the year bar then the chart drills down and displays the activity(views) for each month of the year; when the user then clisks on a month I want to drill down and display the activity per day of the month.

I already acomplish this with the old chart control but I want to use the new chart view control now.

Please guide me on how to to do this; also are you going to provide more in depth documentation of the chart view control? it seems very limited now.

Thanks.
Giuseppe
Telerik team
answered on 05 Apr 2012, 11:34 AM
Hello Pablo,

Sorry for the delayed reply -- we had a technical problem with our ticketing system.

Onto your question -- RadChartView does not provide built-in support for drill-down scenarios but you can achieve the desired functionality by combining the built-in ChartSelectionBehavior and the ChartDataSource that can perform datetime-aware data sampling.

We have attached a sample application that demonstrates this approach to get you started.

As for the documentation -- could you elaborate which specific features would you like described in greater detail so we can prioritize our documentation effort?

Regards,
Giuseppe
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Tags
ChartView
Asked by
Pablo
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vladimir Milev
Telerik team
Pablo
Top achievements
Rank 1