This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Donut Chart is breaking on rendering it on Esri Map when upgrading Kendo version to 2015.1.408

7 Answers 53 Views
Charts
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ajay
Top achievements
Rank 2
Ajay asked on 18 Jun 2015, 11:50 AM

Hello,

I am working on Esri Map to show Kendo Donut charts on map.  The map loads Donut chart as SVG image.

Previously I was using Kendo version 2014.2. 903. It was loading  map correctly on given Latitude/Longitude.

Configuration when Esri map was running successful:

1.  ArcGIS Library 3.11

2. Kendo 2014.2.903

Now project has upgraded the Kendo version to 2015.1.408. It stopped working. The Esri map loads. But the Kendo Donut Chart , rendered as SVG image is not displayed on Map. It hides behind map and does not get rendered properly on Latitude/Longitude.

Configuration when Esri map is not running:

1.  ArcGIS Library 3.11 

2. Kendo  2015.1.408.

If I revert the version of kendo.all.min.js to 2014.2.903, then it works but then Kendo Grid Export functionality does not work.

PFA image where in real Donut is hidden , I made it visible through developer tool. Which version supports Kendo Donut chart to load on Esri Map?  Please help me on this issue.

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
answered on 22 Jun 2015, 02:07 PM
Hello,

Please accept my apologies for the delayed response.

The Q3'15 release introduce changes to the way the char dimensions are set. Those shouldn't break existing pages if you use the updated stylesheets bundled with the release.
Can you please check that you're loading the updated versions of kendo.dataviz.common.min.css and kendo.dataviz.[theme name].min.css?

That said, the introduced changes might break custom CSS styles that target specific elements in the old rendering.
Can you isolate those styles that deal with the chart positioning? We should be able to pinpoint any changes that affect them.

Regards,
T. Tsonev
Telerik

Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!

Ajay
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 23 Jun 2015, 03:33 AM
currently we have a requirement to change the default style of kendo, so could you please suggest the right way of doing that
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
answered on 23 Jun 2015, 07:51 AM
Hi,

I'm afraid I can't provide a specific advice with the information at hand. Can you please share a bit more detail about the problem?

Regards,
T. Tsonev
Telerik

Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!

Ajay
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 26 Jun 2015, 05:51 AM

Hello,

We have integrated Kendo version 2015.2.624 and we updated CSS references as well. Still it did not solve the issue. Actually Kendo Donut Chart is not rendering SVG image. May be SVG image path is not getting created properly. I tried following options:

1. exporting SVG image

2. Converting chart to PNG image

3. Upgrading to Kendo versions  2015.1.408, 2015.1.429, 2015.2.624

4. I upgraded the version of ArcGis JS Library from 3.11 to 3.13 

None of the above options worked out.  

Would you please help in this.

Accepted
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
answered on 30 Jun 2015, 07:24 AM
Hi,

Please accept my apologies for the delayed response.

Do you get any errors in the browser console?

Perhaps we can try switching over to Canvas rendering to see if that helps:
$("...").kendoChart({
  renderAs: "canvas",
});

Is there a chance that we can see a runnable page or a live URL?
Even just the chart-related code and markup can be a good start.

You might want to open a separate support ticket if you're sharing private information.

Regards,
T. Tsonev
Telerik

Ajay
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 01 Jul 2015, 12:38 PM

Hi,

Please see below link to download sample Map solution which uses Kendo 2014.

Link: https://dropfile.external.slb.com/cgi-bin/login.cgi?fid=tp2Fv95o

Please try using Kendo 2015 versions instead , it is not working. You can test this by replacing Kendo.all.min.js.

Attached the link of esri arcgis library which you need to deploy locally.

Link: https://dropfile.external.slb.com/cgi-bin/login.cgi?fid=2Kf4ETG1

All references to JS and CSS are under Layout.cshtml  and first loaded page is Region.cshtml which loads Donut chart on map.

We have used imagedataURL function inside file RegionController.js

T. Tsonev
Telerik team
answered on 03 Jul 2015, 01:48 PM
Hi,

My apologies, I didn't manage to get to this project earlier. When I finally did I saw that I'm missing credentials for the drop site.

Please, send them as soon as you can and I'll get on to this immediately. Sorry!

Regards,
T. Tsonev
Telerik

Tags
Charts
Asked by
Ajay
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
Ajay
Top achievements
Rank 2