This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Designer Issues

8 Answers 84 Views
AutocompleteBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Morgan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Morgan asked on 03 Nov 2012, 05:21 PM
Displays all tiny on the screen, Throws an Object null reference if you select it. Windows Phone 8 conversion from WP7
Does not show correctly in Designer or in runtime, doesn't throw error in runtime.

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Deyan
Telerik team
answered on 06 Nov 2012, 09:50 AM
Hi Morgan,

Thanks for writing and for the attached screenshots.

Can you please make sure that after converting your Windows Phone projects to Windows Phone 8 you are correctly referencing the Telerik Windows Phone 8 assemblies? Please make sure to clear any older references before referencing the new ones.

Normally you should not be experiencing similar issues.

Greetings,
Deyan
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Morgan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
answered on 06 Nov 2012, 04:20 PM
yep these are the correct assemblies, I even re-ref'd just incase they weren't.  On a side note I have a feeling this is entirely related to the whole SDK for WP8 being some what rushed out the door.  Especially when I can't even do anything with my WP7 application in VS.NET2012.  Also the problem doesn't not appear in Blend.  So its very much and integration issue that MS has to solve.  There are many threads on the WP forums related to Null References related to using the XAML designer for WP7/8
Deyan
Telerik team
answered on 08 Nov 2012, 07:48 AM
Hello Morgan,

It might be so that Microsoft will fix similar issues with updates. If you think, however, that some of these issues are Telerik related, do not hesitate to get back to us with more details so that we can look into them.

Thanks for your time.

All the best,
Deyan
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Morgan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
answered on 11 Nov 2012, 01:27 AM
this control definitely has issues when built in visual studio or blend.  It renders exactly as it shows in Blend. On the phone is exactly as it shows in the designer.

I have tried with re-adding it to the design surface but it doesn't appear to make a difference.

It's a rather complex UserControl, I don't want to have to start it from scratch to test that theory

It's off screen but the Height = 75 as hard value and setting it otherwise doesn't do anything.
Deyan
Telerik team
answered on 12 Nov 2012, 08:16 AM
Hello Morgan,

Thanks for writing back.

Since this is a customized user control, we might need to debug the scenario on our side in order to be able to say what causes the behavior in question. Is it possible for you to send us a project that reproduces the layout issue and the Null Reference exception? This will be extremely helpful in solving the case as we are currently not able to reproduce similar glitches on our side.

You will need to open a new support ticket in order to upload your projects.

Thanks for your time.

Greetings,
Deyan
the Telerik team
Have a suggestion or face a problem - you can use the Ideas & Feedback portal to submit ideas, feedback and vote for them.
Morgan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
answered on 12 Nov 2012, 09:04 PM
strange deal I can't reproduce it in a new project, suggestions?
Morgan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
answered on 14 Nov 2012, 03:54 AM
so figured it out... apparently something ya'll changed with the way it renders the control on the screen, if the Header property isn't populated it still takes up the space for it to be there, kind of think it would be better to collapse the header if not in use?
Deyan
Telerik team
answered on 14 Nov 2012, 07:39 AM
Hi Morgan,

Thanks for writing back.

Indeed, we have added a header in RadAutoCompleteBox by inheriting from RadTextBox. We are going to add Converter that will collapse the header in case it is empty so this issue will be addressed for Q3 2012 SP1.

Let me know if you have further questions or need assistance.

All the best,
Deyan
the Telerik team
Have a suggestion or face a problem - you can use the Ideas & Feedback portal to submit ideas, feedback and vote for them.
Tags
AutocompleteBox
Asked by
Morgan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Answers by
Deyan
Telerik team
Morgan
Top achievements