This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Designer Exception Q2 2012 SP2

2 Answers 28 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Shawn
Top achievements
Rank 1
Shawn asked on 08 Jan 2013, 04:30 PM
Using RadControls for Silverlight Q2 2012 SP2 (build 912) and get this error 'Microsoft.Expression.Platform.Silverlight.SilverlightCommonDesignTimeProperties' threw an exception. Looking around forums I found this thread: http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/silverlight/general-discussions/major-issue-with-2012-2-0912.aspx. But when I download the latest installer, it is still build 912 and the problem not resolved. Was this fixed and how can I get latest build for Q2 2012 SP2? We are in process of renewing our support but meanwhile I think we should still be able to download the Q2 SP2 without having the support renewed.

Please advise.
Shawn

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimitrina
Telerik team
answered on 09 Jan 2013, 09:19 AM
Hi Shawn,

You can download all the official versions plus the last latest internal build from your account. Yes, you are still able to download the Q2 SP2 official version, but the libs right after it are not available for download any more.

May I ask you to isolate what is the dll causing the problem - is it the "Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.dll" or is it the ""Telerik.Windows.Controls.Diagrams.dll"? Have you tried the workaround deleting the design assemblies for the problematic one? Would you be possible for you to upgrade to the next version - 2012 Q3? 

Regards,
Didie
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Shawn
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Jan 2013, 02:37 PM
Thanks Didie
The problem is when using Grid View. When I go to "manage products" and select "RadControls for Silverlight" It says subscription expired so I click on Latest Internal Build and it says no internal build. In the download panel, the only available download is build 912 (both installer and Silverlight 5 DLLs only hotfix). Yes we are in process of purchasing upgrade within next few weeks as the paper work being done.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Shawn
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimitrina
Telerik team
Shawn
Top achievements
Rank 1