This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Data binding became broken after update to v2012.1.515

3 Answers 79 Views
MVVM
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Volodymyr Oliinyk
Top achievements
Rank 1
Volodymyr Oliinyk asked on 16 May 2012, 11:12 PM
Hello,

I can see that data binding became broken after I update to Kendo UI v2012.1.515.
I have attached a test project for it.

Steps to reproduce:
- Enter "333" to the related field, click "Save". (all is fine and related field has been cleared)
- Enter "123" to the related field, click "Save". (A bug! Nothing happened, related field is not cleared)

I don't know why but it looks like a bug only with "123" value in related field.
It was working fine with previous version!

Vladimir

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rosen
Telerik team
answered on 17 May 2012, 11:37 AM
Hi Volodymyr,

We were able to identify the cause for this behavior and the fix will be included in the next internal build. Meanwhile, I have updated your telerik points.
As a workaround you may consider removing the value-update options from the input.

Greetings,
Rosen
the Telerik team
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
Volodymyr Oliinyk
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 May 2012, 12:01 PM
This is a critical issue (because binding is the common part of the application).
Can you send me a link to this internal build to download it?

Also I think everybody should have this link because if binding is not working well it means broken core & non operational pack.
And each new user who uses "v2012.1.515" will have a bad impression about kendo if he stuck with it (not working simple data binding). ((

I understand bugs with components but the core should always work.
So if it is possible could you publish here a link to the internal build where it is fixed?

Thank you very much.
Rosen
Telerik team
answered on 18 May 2012, 07:11 AM
Hello Volodymyr,

I'm afraid that internal builds are only available for our commercial license holders
Please note that MVVM is an extension and not a "core" functionality and the issue in question should not reveal itself in most of the scenarios. Thus, I suggest you to consider the temporary workaround from my previous message. Thus, to remove the data-value-update="keyup" from the input element.

Greetings,
Rosen
the Telerik team
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
Tags
MVVM
Asked by
Volodymyr Oliinyk
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rosen
Telerik team
Volodymyr Oliinyk
Top achievements
Rank 1