This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Data Access Q2 2015: Deprecated tooling

4 Answers 104 Views
Integration with other products
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Bernd
Top achievements
Rank 2
Bernd asked on 08 Jul 2015, 12:51 PM

Hi all.

Losing the Designer is unfortunate but not really affecting productivity. Losing the scaffolding features of "Add Data Access Service" affects productivity and makes Data Access less attractive. At least for me.

What alternatives are there to quickly create the code of OData, WCF, ... services?

Kind regards

Bernd

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Doroteya
Telerik team
answered on 10 Jul 2015, 10:48 AM
Hi Bernd,

Thank you for the honest feedback.

Indeed, the deprecation of the Visual Studio integration means that Services Wizard will not be available in the versions of Data Access following Q1 2015. In this connection, the easiest way to generate the services code in the feature is to keep a copy of Data Access Q1 2015 installed on a dev machine and to use Services Wizard available in.

I am sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing.

Regards,
Doroteya
Telerik

Check out the latest announcement about Telerik Data Access vNext as a powerful framework able to solve core development problems.
Marc
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Jul 2015, 02:12 PM
What are plans for Data Access Q3? Do you add a new wizard to help us to make web services. I tried to read documentation to make web services with 2015 Q2 and documentation is poor. I think many Data Access will abandon this product if you don't adjust it Q3. 
Marc
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Jul 2015, 02:14 PM
I think many users of Data Access will abandon this product if you don't adjust it Q3,  I would mean
Doroteya
Telerik team
answered on 30 Jul 2015, 06:07 AM
Hello Mark,

The first thing we intend to do is run our test suite against Roslyn and introduce official support for Visual Studio 2015. 

Regarding the web services, currently I would recommend using Data Access Q1 2015 and generating them with Service Wizard. You can download the necessary profile from your Telerik account.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Doroteya
Telerik

Check out the latest announcement about Telerik Data Access vNext as a powerful framework able to solve core development problems.
Tags
Integration with other products
Asked by
Bernd
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Doroteya
Telerik team
Marc
Top achievements
Rank 1