This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

CS0117 'Resource.*' does not contain a definition for '*' error when building

1 Answer 818 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Bimar
Top achievements
Rank 1
Bimar asked on 29 Apr 2016, 11:23 AM
We are developing Xamarin Forms (Portable) project and want to use telerik components. We added necessary dll's and codes as described but when we try to build the MyProject.Droid project, we are facing with hundreds of CS0117 'Resource.*' does not contain a definition for '*' error when building errors. Our latest references are Xamarin forms 2.2.0.31 version, support library v8 23.2.1, android SDK api 23 (6.0) and Xamarin.android.support.* 23.3.0. Do you have any idea?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Pavel R. Pavlov
Telerik team
answered on 29 Apr 2016, 12:05 PM
Hello Bimar,

Thank you for contacting us on that matter with detailed description on your setup.
Let me get straight to your issue. I can tell that the references you are trying to use are not the references that our binaries are built against. Hence errors reporting for missing resources are expected. 

Now to the fix:
I would like to turn your attention to our Required Android Support Libraries article. It contains information for all the required assemblies and concrete versions that our UI components are built against. Please try installing the versions that are listed in the article and then go ahead and delete all bin and obj folders of your solution. This will ensure that your solution has only the versions that you have just installed.

This fix works in 99.9% of the reported cases. I hope this information will bring you back on your development path. Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Pavel R. Pavlov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Bimar
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Pavel R. Pavlov
Telerik team
Share this question
or