This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Could not load file or assembly Telerik.OpenAccess, Version=2014.2.918.1

2 Answers 67 Views
Development (API, general questions)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Sherman
Top achievements
Rank 2
Sherman asked on 10 Oct 2014, 03:33 PM
Hi there, I'm currently testing the deployment of my Web API which integrates with Telerik's DataAccess. When I try to access one of my web api calls from Chrome browser, I get the following error message saying, "Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.OpenAccess, Version=2014.2.918.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7ce17eeaf1d59342' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

I am currently using GoDaddy as my web hosting provider. I have double checked to ensure the DLL is already in the bin folder for my Web API project. I have no issues running my Web API locally ofcourse.

Appreciate that someone can get back to me ASAP on this matter.

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Boyan
Telerik team
answered on 15 Oct 2014, 02:24 PM
Hello Sherman,

From the information provided, it seems that there might be some deployment issues.

I would like to point you to this blog post that contain a few general recommendations on deploying application that consume Telerik Data Access.

I think that the first step to resolving this issue is to make sure that recommendations are followed. Please let us know if this indeed solves the issue.

I am looking forward to hearing from you. 

Regards,
Boyan
Telerik

OpenAccess ORM is now Telerik Data Access. For more information on the new names, please, check out the Telerik Product Map.

Alfredo
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Feb 2016, 11:49 PM

I AM NOT using telerik.openaccess i am using reporting but the project doest compile

the build error is Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.OpenAccess, Version

Tags
Development (API, general questions)
Asked by
Sherman
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Boyan
Telerik team
Alfredo
Top achievements