This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Copy/Paste Broken in Q2 2010 SP1

3 Answers 44 Views
RichTextBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
Michael asked on 21 Aug 2010, 07:26 PM
It appears that as of this service pack, you can no longer paste back in rich text.  Just go to your own demo, cut out some rich text, and paste it back in.  It comes back in as regular, unformatted text.  Also calling the RadRichTextBox.Paste() command in code now crashes with an "Object reference not found" exception.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ivailo Karamanolev
Telerik team
answered on 23 Aug 2010, 08:08 AM
Hello Michael,

I have just tested the copy/cut/paste functionality with the demos using the latest version and it works correctly under Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox. I'd suggest clearing your browser's cache and try again.
Let us know if you experience further issues.

Regards,
Ivailo
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Aug 2010, 01:50 AM
Did you cut and paste using your keyboard or the buttons on the control itself?  If I use the buttons, and thus the internal Telerik clipboard commands, it pastes back as regular text every time.  It works if I use Ctrl+C, etc.
Ivailo Karamanolev
Telerik team
answered on 24 Aug 2010, 07:48 AM
Hi Michael,

Indeed this functionality isn't working correctly when using the buttons, only the keyboard. We have fixed it and the fix will be visible in the next LIB. Thank you for the bug report, I have added points to your account in appreciation. Any further feedback is valued.

Greetings,
Ivailo
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
RichTextBox
Asked by
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ivailo Karamanolev
Telerik team
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1