Control suggestion

6 posts, 0 answers
  1. AK
    AK avatar
    30 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 Link to this post

It would be great to be first to market with a diagram control for SilverLight. Even a basic control with force-directed ability.

Similar to this:

http://www.nwoods.com/GO/dotnet-features-layout.htm
  2. Nikolay
    Admin
    Nikolay avatar
    3997 posts

Posted 04 Jun 2008 Link to this post

Hi AK,

Thanks for your interest in our RadControls for Silverlight.

As our controls will be completely lookless and styleble you will be able to build your very custom layout using styles and control templates. For example, you will be able to build a horizontal treeview.

Our QSF examples will be publicly available by the end of this week and such a horizontal treeview will be shown there.

Kind regards,
    Nick
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
  3. Martin de Ruiter
    Martin de Ruiter avatar
    99 posts

Posted 16 Jun 2008 Link to this post

I think the idea is not a treeview control, but a diagram control... I add my vote for a diagram control :-)
  4. Valentin.Stoychev
    Admin
    Valentin.Stoychev avatar
    2198 posts

Posted 17 Jun 2008 Link to this post

Hello Martin de Ruiter,

your vote has been counted :). However for the moment we do not plan to release such a control. Actually I believe this is more like an application scenario, rather than a control. Other than that, Silverlight seems to be pretty good platform for delivering such kind of apps.

Thanks for your feedback!

Regards,
    Valentin.Stoychev
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
  5. Martin de Ruiter
    Martin de Ruiter avatar
    99 posts

Posted 17 Jun 2008 Link to this post

There are some other diagram controls on the market, for example http://www.nevron.com/Products.DiagramFor.NET.Overview.aspx. So I guess it could work as a control (instead of an application), just like the charting control. And in Silverlight you of course would have some nice abilities to play with the visual stuff.
  6. AK
    AK avatar
    30 posts

Posted 23 Jun 2008 Link to this post

Yes, I see it as a control rather than app. There are a few diagram control vendors on the market for asp.net but none for Silverlight. I believe Silverlight offers some great client side capabilities for a diagram control. Considering I'll be spending over $2000 just for a diagram control shortly, it's certainly worth at least another look for Telerik and Silverlight.