This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Content Property Broken Q1 2010

19 Answers 144 Views
TabControl
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
James
Top achievements
Rank 1
James asked on 11 Mar 2010, 08:24 AM
Hello,

I'm unable to set the Content property programmatically against a RadTabItem - the content does not display until I select another tab then select back again. This does not appear to be an issue when the content is declared in Xaml, only in code behind

<Grid x:Name="LayoutRoot">  
        <Controls:RadTabControl > 
            <Controls:RadTabItem x:Name="TabContent1" IsSelected="True" Header="Tab 1" /> 
            <Controls:RadTabItem x:Name="TabContent2" Header="Tab 2" /> 
        </Controls:RadTabControl> 
    </Grid> 

public partial class MainPage : UserControl {  
        public MainPage() {  
            InitializeComponent();  

TabContent1.Content = new TextBlock() { Text = "hello world" };  
        }  

} 

Strangely, if I remove the attribute "IsSelected=True" the problem goes away. Unfortunately the first tab is not always the selected tab in my application so I can't use this as a workaround.

I am using 2010_1_0309. I can confirm the defect does not exist in 2009_3_1426.

Regards,
James

19 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vladislav
Telerik team
answered on 11 Mar 2010, 09:43 AM
Hello James,

Thank you for this report.
It is actually a bug and we will do our best to fix it soon.

Your Telerik points are updated.

Any additional comments/reports are highly appreciated.

All the best,
Vladislav
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Ludovic Gerbault
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Mar 2010, 10:23 AM
Is there any news on this problem ? I'm experiencing the same thing, and there's not much I can do about it.
Ludovic Gerbault
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Mar 2010, 11:36 AM
If anyone is interested, I found a workaround. It's not very pretty, but at least, it works.

After all of the tab's content are loaded, I just programmatically change the selected index of the tabcontrol (tabcontrol.selectedindex = tabcontrol.Items.count -1), and then, set it again to 0.

It's seems to trigger the refresh of the first item.
Vladislav
Telerik team
answered on 23 Mar 2010, 02:24 PM
Hi Subileau Pascal,

Thank you for the provided workaround.
This issue is still not fixed, but you can vote for it (in order to be fixed sooner) here:
http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/silverlight/1460

Any additional comments/suggestions are highly appreciated.

Regards,
Vladislav
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Ludovic Gerbault
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Mar 2010, 04:11 PM
I thought it was fixed.

Since I downloaded the last internal build (2010.1.319), I removed my workaround to check, and the tabcontrol works as expected, the first tabitem content is loaded and visible at startup
James
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Mar 2010, 07:08 AM
It's still not fixed for me with build 2010_1_0319.

If I set IsSelected=True in Xaml the content is not loaded and the tabs appear blank as before.

But... it is partially working again- some of my TabItems have their IsSelected bound to properties in my ViewModel, and these do work as expected. Before this build they were broken.. so we're part way there to a fix.

James.
Vladislav
Telerik team
answered on 25 Mar 2010, 11:08 AM
Hello James, Subileau,

Thank you for your feedback.
This issue indeed is actually "partially fixed" and this is the reason that it is still in "in progress state" in the PITS.

@Subileau Pascal:
Could you please share with us why do you consider that the issue is fixed?
What is your scenario in which our "partial fix" is working for you?

Any additional comments/feedback are highly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Vladislav
the Telerik team

Ludovic Gerbault
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Mar 2010, 11:18 AM
Well, as far as I'm concerned, I'm mostly using the TabControl to display a UserControl with several RadGridViews, one on each TabItem.

I'm always displaying the first item when the control loads. Since now, the first item is loaded and its content is displayed without needing any kind of custom workaround code, I'm considering this issue fixed for my scenario.
Vladislav
Telerik team
answered on 25 Mar 2010, 02:25 PM
Hi Subileau Pascal,

Thank you for sharing with us the details of your scenario.
And I am glad that the "partial fix" works for you.
Anyway - we will fix this issue completely in order to resolve all the problems.

Any additional comments/feedback are highly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Vladislav
the Telerik team

Tony Corneto
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Apr 2010, 04:21 AM

I just submitted a ticket for this but thought I would try here as well.

We are using the 2010_1_0309 release and have tried both the suggested workarounds (explicitly setting SelectedIndex = 0 on the TabControl, setting IsSelected on the TabItem), and neither work.

1) We're considering usign the internal 2010_1_0326_Dev build. Will that resolve our problem?

2) What if we just used specific DLL containing RadTabControl, are there dependencies on all controls being from the same build?

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Tony Corneto

James
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Apr 2010, 05:13 AM
The last build I know of that did not have this is bug was 2009.3.1426.

I'd say there's dependencies between all the assemblies so you can't mix and match - give it a try though!

James.
Kiril Stanoev
Telerik team
answered on 01 Apr 2010, 02:08 PM
Hello James,

You are correct when you said that different versions of the controls cannot cooperate.

@Tony - I've posted a reply to your support ticket.

@All - The issue has been fixed and the fix will be available with this week's internal build.

Greetings,
Kiril Stanoev
the Telerik team

James
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Apr 2010, 08:50 AM
Hi Kiril,

I'm still having the same issue (build 2010.1.0412) when setting IsSelected=True.

Regards,

James.
Accepted
Kiril Stanoev
Telerik team
answered on 16 Apr 2010, 02:10 PM
Hello James,

If you want to set a TabItem's content immediately after InitializeComponent, you will have to use a Dispatcher. I am attaching a solution where there are 2 projects - one with 03.09 version of our controls and the other with 04.12 version. Have a look at them and let me know if something is unclear and needs further explanation. I'd be glad to assist you.

Sincerely yours,
Kiril Stanoev
the Telerik team

James
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Apr 2010, 08:33 PM
Thanks very much :)

James.
James
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Mar 2011, 09:39 AM
For anybody interested this defect has regressed in Q1 2011 i.e. the IsSelected property does not work as expected when bound to a ViewModel.

I have raised a ticket, so will report back when I have an answer/workaround.

James.
Petar Mladenov
Telerik team
answered on 21 Mar 2011, 05:32 PM
Hi James,

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused. This should be fixed with the upcoming internal build tomorrow the latest. You will be able to download it from your account page at www.telerik.com.

Kind regards,
Petar Mladenov
the Telerik team
Colin Cowie
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Apr 2011, 05:13 PM
Hello,

I too use a TabControl bound to a collection, with the Content of each tab being a ContentControl containing a UserControl.  I recently updated a copy of our product solution to the Q1 2011 version of the Telerik tools, and noticed that my programmatic selection of Tab now caused the content on the selected Tab to be displayed blank, and only displayed correctly if you select another tab and then reselect the tab with the content you wish to display. 

As suggested I have downloaded the latest internal build, and it once again is working fine.

My question is if you could give some idea when this fix is going to be released in an official service pack update to the Q1 2011 version?  Until we have a fix that is deemed suitable for production use I'm not going to be able to update our live product solution as we may need to provide bug-fix releases of our solution whilst performing new development too.

Thanks,

Colin.
Petar Mladenov
Telerik team
answered on 19 Apr 2011, 08:08 AM
Hello Colin Cowie,

The official Q1 2011 SP1 will be available till the end of this week. Thank you for your patience and your interest.

Greetings,
Petar Mladenov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
TabControl
Asked by
James
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vladislav
Telerik team
Ludovic Gerbault
Top achievements
Rank 1