This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Connecting Telerik to Visual Studio 2008

3 Answers 100 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Cilistan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Cilistan asked on 04 May 2012, 12:26 PM
Hi

How do I go about connecting Telerik Test studio to Visual Studio?

Thanks

Cilistan

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 04 May 2012, 01:55 PM
Hello Cilistan,

If you are asking how to get started, just install Test Studio on a machine which has Visual Studio installed. This will install our Visual Studio plug-in as well. Simply launch Visual Studio and create a new 'Test' project. Check this article for more information.

The Standalone version and our Visual Studio plug-in are perfectly cross-compatible for editing tests and executing tests. Exporting tests from Test Studio Standalone version to Visual Studio is easy. From Test Studio you need to go to the upper left and click on the gear wheel and click on the Export to Visual Studio option. Check this article on how to do that.

All this really does is create a .csproj/.vbproj file you can then open in Visual Studio to open the same test project (the same file set on disk). To go back from Visual Studio to the Standalone version, there's really nothing extra you need to do. Simply open the test project (open the folder where the settings.aiis file is found).

All the best,
Plamen
the Telerik team
Quickly become an expert in Test Studio, check out our new training sessions!
Test Studio Trainings
Cilistan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 May 2012, 02:04 PM
Hi Plamen

Thanks for the feedback. I actually want to access Telerik via Visual Studio. (I want use the Visual Studio interface to record my test cases). I cant seem to link the two.

Thank you
Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 08 May 2012, 11:01 AM
Hello Cilistan,

Have you checked the article from my previous post:
http://www.telerik.com/automated-testing-tools/support/documentation/user-guide/create-a-test-vs-plugin/web-test.aspx

Here's a short video demonstrating how to create a simple Test Studio test via Visual Studio 2008.

Greetings,
Plamen
the Telerik team
Quickly become an expert in Test Studio, check out our new training sessions!
Test Studio Trainings
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Cilistan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Plamen
Telerik team
Cilistan
Top achievements