Configure Project

7 posts, 0 answers
  1. MiddleTommy
    MiddleTommy avatar
    163 posts
    Member since:
    Nov 2009

    Posted 23 Aug 2011 Link to this post

    I thought when you used to configure a Telerik Silverlight project (after it had been created) you could choose which DLL's you wanted to use. Now it only shows you what DLLs you have referenced in the current project. 
    A work around is to delete all telerik referenced DLL in the project then Convert the project back into a telelrik project.
    It would be nice to be able to open up the Telerik Silverlight Project Config and add/remove telerik DLL references
  2. Andrey
    Admin
    Andrey avatar
    245 posts

    Posted 26 Aug 2011 Link to this post

    Hello,

    It sounds like the Project Configuration wizard cannot determine the location of the currently used RadControls distribution.

    It would be very helpful if you could share some additional information on your setup:
    • Which version(s) of RadControls for Silverlight do you have currently installed?
    • What location are you trying to add references from?
    • Could you send us your project file? We can use it to try running the wizard and possibly reproduce the issue.


    Kind regards,
    Andrey
    the Telerik team

    Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

  3. MiddleTommy
    MiddleTommy avatar
    163 posts
    Member since:
    Nov 2009

    Posted 26 Aug 2011 Link to this post

    Ah, so it is supposed to let you add and delete references to the telerik assemblies.
    All I have been doing is downloading the latest Silverlight controls when the popup tells me there is a new version. So I would be using the latest internal build
    I just checked in the configure project wizard and it says all the ".Design" assemlies are missing.
  4. Andrey
    Admin
    Andrey avatar
    245 posts

    Posted 30 Aug 2011 Link to this post

    Hi,

    I tried the following steps:
    1. Created a Silverlight application
    2. Started the convert wizard
    3. Downloaded the latest internal build through the wizard
    4. Completed the convert wizard

    And the configuration wizard worked as expected afterwards. Could you share the exact steps you are using to reproduce the issue?

    Best wishes,

    Andrey
    the Telerik team

    Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

  5. MiddleTommy
    MiddleTommy avatar
    163 posts
    Member since:
    Nov 2009

    Posted 30 Aug 2011 Link to this post

    I was having trouble by following your steps 1 through 4 then Going back into "Configure Project" by right clicking on the project in the solution explorer under the RadControls for Silverlight menu.
    How ever I tried this on  a brand new project and it worked fine. So I went back into my project giving me trouble and now it works correctly there too. If this pops up again I take a screen shot for you. Maybe when I ran the wizard in a brand new project it corrected somthing corrupt in the configuration. Thanks for your help.

    (maybe the cause of this was how Visual Studio sometimes makes references in a project point to the local project copy instead of the original location.)
  6. MiddleTommy
    MiddleTommy avatar
    163 posts
    Member since:
    Nov 2009

    Posted 30 Aug 2011 Link to this post

    Wait, one project in my solution works correctly 
    The other one gives me problems
    See the Attached screen shot
  7. MiddleTommy
    MiddleTommy avatar
    163 posts
    Member since:
    Nov 2009

    Posted 30 Aug 2011 Link to this post

    OK, I tried an upgrade wizard on the solution and the project giving me trouble said Access is denied to the project's local copy of the Telerik assemblies. So I closed Visual Studio Went to the Debug Folder for the Project and Deleted all telerik assemblies. Then I ran the Steps again and all seems to be working. I will let you know of any other problems
Back to Top