This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

CommitEdit?

3 Answers 100 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
John asked on 15 Mar 2011, 01:31 AM
How do I force an edit to commit? For example if the user hits a save button on the child window and they are in the middle of an edit...

In that child window, I have RadGridview (in edit mode) and a regular button.

Thanks
John.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Maya
Telerik team
answered on 15 Mar 2011, 07:46 AM
Hello John,

You may try to use the CommitEdit command or to call the CommitEdit() method of the grid on the click event.  

Regards,
Maya
the Telerik team
Registration for Q1 2011 What’s New Webinar Week is now open. Mark your calendar for the week starting March 21st and book your seat for a walk through all the exciting stuff we ship with the new release!
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Mar 2011, 05:26 PM
Hi Maya,
Yes, I have used the RadButton to serve for that purpose. It works nicely in term of set EditCommit. However, it doesn't close the child window when the button is clicked.  I even tried to force it close by using this.Close(); command.

Any help, please?
Maya
Telerik team
answered on 16 Mar 2011, 10:36 AM
Hello John,

I am sending you a sample project illustrating how you may close the window on clicking of a button inside. Please take a look at it and let me know in case of any misunderstandings.

Greetings,
Maya
the Telerik team
Registration for Q1 2011 What’s New Webinar Week is now open. Mark your calendar for the week starting March 21st and book your seat for a walk through all the exciting stuff we ship with the new release!
Tags
GridView
Asked by
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Maya
Telerik team
John
Top achievements
Rank 1