This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Column Widths?

3 Answers 67 Views
TreeListView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
Tim asked on 27 Jan 2010, 07:11 PM
First I am happy to see this control.  Second, I'm pretty sure that the grid-based version (predicted for Q2.2010) will have the ColumnWidthMode=Fill behavior of the Grid.

In the mean time, my simple example, based on your demo, does not fill the hosting RadExpander side-to-side, and I cannot use relative column widths (.3*).  How can I achieve this behavior, which would make this consistent with the entire rest of my app?

My RadExpander is itself inside a Grid with a Column of Width=*.  The control is 100% of the container wide, it's just that the column headers do not spread out across the full 100% of the container, and the data is therefore often truncated.

See screen shot (attached)

Thx,
Tim

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Jan 2010, 07:18 PM
Here is the screen shot.  Why won't it let me edit the base post to add an attachment?
Miroslav
Telerik team
answered on 01 Feb 2010, 07:46 AM
Hi Tim,

Currently I can only suggest to use the

ColumnWidth property of the TreeList's column, like so:

ColumnWidth = "*"

The behavior of the star is different than in the GridView - the star will only size the column in the beginning but if the given space is resized the column will not shrink or grow.

As for the last two columns I can suggest choosing a larger width (or MinWidth), something like:

ColumnWidth = "120"

You are right that the GridView version of the TreeList will inherit the GridView's features.

Regards,
Miroslav
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Jan 2011, 06:20 PM
I have finally upgraded to Silverlight 4, the Q3_2010_1110 release, and after rewriting the nav portions to remove RadPage, I am left with only fixing my RadTreeListView-based views.

I am delighted with the way this control has come out - thank you very much.  Props to you guys!

Tim
Tags
TreeListView
Asked by
Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
Miroslav