This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

.clear and .add in Q2 2010

4 Answers 89 Views
Chart
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Niclas Junsved
Top achievements
Rank 1
Niclas Junsved asked on 05 Aug 2010, 11:52 AM
Hi,

What have replaced the definitions of .clear() in Telerik.Windows.Controls.Charting.ItemMappingCollection and .add() in Telerik.Windows.Controls.Charting.ChartGroupDescriptorCollection in Q2 2010?

Related to the error below?

The base class or interface of 'Telerik.Windows.Controls.Charting.ChartDependencyObjectCollection<T>' could not be resolved or is invalid c:\Program Files\Telerik\RadControls for Silverlight Q2 2010\Binaries\Silverlight\Telerik.Windows.Controls.Charting.dll SilverlightExtension

Kind Regards

Niclas

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Giuseppe
Telerik team
answered on 05 Aug 2010, 02:35 PM
Hello Niclas Junsved,

Please find attached a sample application (Silverlight4) that demonstrates the availability of the methods in the latest version of the control.

One possible reason for the error messages you are experiencing might be if you are trying to reference Silverlight4 binaries in existing Silverlight3 project (you will need to download the Silverlight3 binaries from your Client.Net account if you would like to continue with any Silverlight3-only development).

Hope this helps.

Greetings,
Freddie
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Niclas Junsved
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Aug 2010, 10:06 AM
Thanks for your reply!

I was using the wrong dll:s as you suggested.

Using the Q2 2010 Silverlight3 dll:s I get a System.IO.FileLoadException when trying to read from isolated storage (writing is no problem). As soon as I revert to the Q1 2010 Silverlight3 dll:s everythings fine again. Any problems about that reported?

The reason I want to use the latest release is that I need for Yaxis scroll in combination with drill down to work and as I understand it its only in Q2 2010 this is fixed?

Kind Regards

Niclas

Accepted
Giuseppe
Telerik team
answered on 06 Aug 2010, 03:27 PM
Hi Niclas Junsved,

We have not received similar reports so far and we are a bit unsure how reading/writing to isolated storage would trigger a problem related to the chart conponent. Could you please elaborate a bit on the problematic behavior (paste some code as well).

Also, could you confirm that you have updated all Telerik binaries in your project with the ones from the Silverlight3 binaries archive?

Kind regards,
Freddie
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Niclas Junsved
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Aug 2010, 09:26 AM
Hi again,

Using the Q2 2010 binaries for Silverlight 3 still somehow makes my IsolatedStorage operations not work.

Upgrading from Q1 2010 to Q1 2010 SP2 resolves my problem with y-axis scroll in conjunction with drill down so I´m satisfied anyway!

Regards

Niclas
Tags
Chart
Asked by
Niclas Junsved
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Giuseppe
Telerik team
Niclas Junsved