This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Chart Layout cycle error in Q2, 2011

4 Answers 67 Views
Chart
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Cameron
Top achievements
Rank 1
Cameron asked on 25 Jul 2011, 05:39 AM

Hi All,

We just moved to the Q2, 2011 release and unfortunately getting the layour cycle error for the chart. I traced it and determined that it's a tick point issue. Here is what's going on: data points are correct for the date range specified but when I iterate through the tick points in the collection I noticed that tick points don't match data points anymore. The layout cycle exception is thrown as soon as a tick point is outside of the date range specified. Why are tick points out of wack with data points? In the previous release they were completely in sync. How are tick points calculated? One other observation: when I run in debug mode in VS 2010 it works as expected. I get the error when I run without debugging.
We switched to databinding but that didn't help either.

If we won't figure out what's causing this we'll have to revert back to the previous release but we are making every effort not to. It would be nice to provide more info than just an error number and a phrase for this error.

Thanks for your help,

Cameron

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Yavor
Telerik team
answered on 27 Jul 2011, 02:08 PM
Hi Cameron,

Unfortunately we couldn't reproduce the problem you mentioned. Can you please share the configuration of your chart and the code behind (view model)? Also an image showing the chart before you updated to Q2 can help us in better understanding the situation.

Best wishes,
Yavor Ivanov
the Telerik team

Register for the Q2 2011 What's New Webinar Week. Mark your calendar for the week starting July 18th and book your seat for a walk through of all the exciting stuff we will ship with the new release!

Anatoly Chekh
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Sep 2011, 12:05 PM
Hello!
If I set Gap type for the empty values for the all series - I have the same exception. But if I set Zero - It's work.
Is it a bug?

Thanks, Anatoly Chekh.
Yavor
Telerik team
answered on 22 Sep 2011, 10:21 AM
Hi Anatoly Chekh,

We have found and fixed a problem in our empty point functionality. Please get the SP1 of the Q2 which contains the fix. I have attached a small sample project that is working correctly with the latest binaries. If the problem persists don't hesitate to contact us!

Greetings,
Yavor
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Alex
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Sep 2011, 12:38 PM
Thanks, It works with SP. Anatoly Chekh.
Tags
Chart
Asked by
Cameron
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Yavor
Telerik team
Anatoly Chekh
Top achievements
Rank 1