Changing Font Size taking more than 20 seconds

6 posts, 0 answers
  1. Jikson
    Jikson avatar
    4 posts
    Member since:
    Sep 2017

    Posted 21 Sep Link to this post

    I'm on a spreadsheet, i select all the rows and columns in the spreadsheet and then i change the font size from 11 to 12 or 14, it takes me around 20 seconds or more to update the style

  2. Ivan Zhekov
    Admin
    Ivan Zhekov avatar
    600 posts

    Posted 22 Sep Link to this post

    How big of a spreadsheet are talking about?

    Have you tried limiting the number of total rows and columns so select all does not select as much cells, just like I've shown in this example: http://dojo.telerik.com/@joneff/ewoCIl.

    Regards,
    Ivan Zhekov
    Progress Telerik
    Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
  3. Jikson
    Jikson avatar
    4 posts
    Member since:
    Sep 2017

    Posted 26 Sep in reply to Ivan Zhekov Link to this post

    The total rows are 200 and the columns are around alphabet 'S'.
  4. Jikson
    Jikson avatar
    4 posts
    Member since:
    Sep 2017

    Posted 26 Sep in reply to Jikson Link to this post

    This is the excel sheet that i'm importing. Once i have done the importing. if i select the entire columns and rows and change the font size from 11  to 20. then it taking long time to do the modification. around 20 seconds or more
  5. Jikson
    Jikson avatar
    4 posts
    Member since:
    Sep 2017

    Posted 26 Sep in reply to Jikson Link to this post

    This is the excel sheet that i have imported. After the import when i change the font size from 11 to 20, its taking a hell a lot of time. The excel sheet which i've imported is attached in a zip. Thanks for your kind support.
  6. Ivan Zhekov
    Admin
    Ivan Zhekov avatar
    600 posts

    Posted 27 Sep Link to this post

    The reason for the operation being slow is because not only are we changing the font size, but we need to do some calculations, regarding how the text is going to fit in the cell; is it going to displace the next cell and then do the same for every cell.

    As of now, there is no fix, nor workaround.

    I've logged the issue in our public github repository and you can follow the progress of the item -- https://github.com/telerik/kendo-ui-core/issues/3626.

    Regards,
    Ivan Zhekov
    Progress Telerik
    Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Back to Top