This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Changing Expander Style

4 Answers 76 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Varun Mangla
Top achievements
Rank 1
Varun Mangla asked on 09 Oct 2009, 03:57 PM
Hello,

I am working on Grid View and making use of HierarchyChildTemplate in GridViewDataControl. I want to make changes to the default expander that comes while using HierarchyChildTemplate. How can I do it?

Thanks,

Varun

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kalin Milanov
Telerik team
answered on 14 Oct 2009, 08:56 AM
Hi Varun Mangla,

The best way to do this is to use the GridViewExpandableRowStyle property of the grid and edit the style and the template of expander.

Best wishes,
Kalin Milanov
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Darren Qian
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 May 2010, 04:14 PM
I use 2010 Q1 Silverlight,
But i cannot find the GridViewExpandableRowStyle property.
Cause i want set the background of HierarchyChildTemplate as transparent.
How to fix it?

Thanks.
Darren Qian
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 May 2010, 04:40 PM
I think i find some place to set the background of the space.

<Border Visibility="{Binding IsExpanded, Converter={StaticResource BooleanToVisibilityConverter}, RelativeSource={RelativeSource TemplatedParent}}" Grid.Column="2" Grid.ColumnSpan="2" Grid.Row="2" Background="{StaticResource GridView_HierarchyBackground}" BorderBrush="{StaticResource ControlOuterBorder}" BorderThickness="0,1" Padding="6">
     <ContentPresenter x:Name="PART_HierarchyChildPresenter"/>
    </Border>

I can set this background="{x:Null}" to let it be transparent, but it seens like another background behind this border.
How can set it transparent completely?

Thanks
Kalin Milanov
Telerik team
answered on 26 May 2010, 10:20 AM
Hello Darren Qian,

The hierarchy border is rendered inside the row. Therefore setting its background to null will show the background of the row. You will have to set its background to null and the one of the grid itself as well to get the full transparency you want. However I fear the resulting grid might render unreadable if you are using it on a fairly dark background.

Let me know how this goes.

Greetings,
Kalin Milanov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
GridView
Asked by
Varun Mangla
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kalin Milanov
Telerik team
Darren Qian
Top achievements
Rank 1