Change Icon for Maximize button

5 posts, 1 answers
  1. Jayachandran
    Jayachandran avatar
    3 posts

Posted 15 Sep 2009 Link to this post

Hi,

Is there a way to change Icons in controlbox (minimize, maximize and close) in Rad Window for silverlight

Thanks in advance

Jay
  2. Miroslav Nedyalkov
    Admin
    Miroslav Nedyalkov avatar
    1718 posts

Posted 17 Sep 2009 Link to this post

Hello Jayachandran,

What you need to do is to edit the ControlTemplate of the RadWindow control and change the content of the buttons (there are 4 buttons).

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Miroslav Nedyalkov
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
  3. Jayachandran
    Jayachandran avatar
    3 posts

Posted 18 Sep 2009 Link to this post

Thanks for the reply.

I am not able to access ControlTemplate from code behind (xaml.cs). If I create a own ControlTemplate and assign to the RadWindow's template property , I can able to change the Icons but the close, maximize and minimize functions are not working.

Am I missing anything here?

Thanks
    Jay
  4. Answer
    Hristo Borisov
    Admin
    Hristo Borisov avatar
    298 posts

Posted 21 Sep 2009 Link to this post

Hello Jayachandran,

If you change the control template of the control,make sure you have gotten the naming of the buttons correct, since the code behind refers to specific template names. Here is a list of all required parts needed by the source code of RadWindow in order to function properly. For editing the control template, I advice you to take a look at our article that describes how to do it using Expression blend in depth here.

Kind regards,
    Hristo Borisov
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
  5. Jayachandran
    Jayachandran avatar
    3 posts

Posted 21 Sep 2009 Link to this post

Yes, Now it is working fine with modified icons. Thanks for your wonderful support