This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

CDN not returning files for ASPNET_MVC_2010_3_1220_hotfix

3 Answers 54 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Gary Davis
Top achievements
Rank 2
Gary Davis asked on 12 Jan 2011, 06:51 PM
I have downloaded the latest version of MVC controls (2010_3_1220) and have set the UseTelerikContentDeliveryNetwork(true).

The page requests the files from the CDN but the response is 404 Not Found.

For example this results in a 404:

http://aspnet-scripts.telerikstatic.com/mvcz/2010.3.1220/jquery-1.4.3.min.js

The previous version works:

http://aspnet-scripts.telerikstatic.com/mvcz/2010.3.1110/jquery-1.4.3.min.js

Should I back off to the previous version or can I tell the current version to use the previous version's content? Or can you put up the current content?

Thanks,
Gary Davis

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Rosen
Telerik team
answered on 13 Jan 2011, 07:57 AM
Hi Gary,

The version you are referring to is actually one of the latest internal builds releases and as you may know we do not provide CDN resources for them as we do not recommend to use such builds in production . Therefore, you should consider to temporary (until the SP release is out) disable the CDN functionality and use local resources instead.

All the best,
Rosen
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
MGrassman
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 23 Mar 2011, 06:09 AM
Any change you plan to change this policy.  I recently updated to 2011 Q1 and the grids were causing an adapter property of undefined js error and I had to update to the lastest internal build to get jquery correct.  

This will mean we will have to wait for 1 - 2 months before a service pack is released and usually the service pack has a hotfix that I need so I really never get to use the CDN.

I understand it's not recommended but if you could give us the option that would be great.

Thanks for the great controls.
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
answered on 23 Mar 2011, 07:30 AM
Hi MGrassman,

We have to discuss this further but for now we don't have plans to change this policy. CDN is updated only during official releases and service packs.

Regards,
Atanas Korchev
the Telerik team
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Gary Davis
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Rosen
Telerik team