This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Catastrophic failure ???

3 Answers 133 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
NB
Top achievements
Rank 1
NB asked on 30 Sep 2009, 10:38 AM
Hi,

I'm using Telerik Q2 2009 for Silverlight, in the beginning I put a radGridView on my Home View in a navigation Application, it worked ...
After that I began to add my source code to fill this datagrid, but suddenly when I open my home view in Expression Blend I had this exception :

Exception Catastrophic failure (Exception From HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED))

I'm really suffring from this exception 2 days now, I didn't understand it's origin and I can't work on myRadGridView in Blend :S

When I remove radGridView code from xaml which is down it works :S

<telerikGridView:RadGridView x:Name="myGridView" GridLinesVisibility="Horizontal" AutoGenerateColumns="False" CanUserInsertRows="False" CanUserReorderColumns="True" CanUserResizeColumns="True">
                        <telerikGridView:RadGridView.Columns>
                            <telerikGridView:GridViewDataColumn DataMemberBinding="{Binding IDDemRess, Mode=OneWay}" Header="Demande N°"/>
                            <telerikGridView:GridViewDataColumn DataMemberBinding="{Binding DateDemande, Mode=OneWay}" Header="Date Demande"/>
                            <telerikGridView:GridViewDataColumn DataMemberBinding="{Binding NombreRess, Mode=OneWay}" Header="Nombre Ressources "/>
                            <telerikGridView:GridViewDataColumn DataMemberBinding="{Binding Vue, Mode=OneWay}" Header="Vue"/>
                            <telerikGridView:GridViewDataColumn DataMemberBinding="{Binding Validee, Mode=OneWay}" Header="Validée"/>
                            <telerikGridView:GridViewDataColumn DataMemberBinding="{Binding Commentaire, Mode=OneWay}" Header="Commentaire"/>
                        </telerikGridView:RadGridView.Columns>
                    </telerikGridView:RadGridView>

Is there any solution to that ? do I have to remove some dlls or add someones ? ...

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stefan Dobrev
Telerik team
answered on 06 Oct 2009, 12:30 PM
Hello Mohanned,

I just tried that and it works fine with our service pack release. May be you are doing something special that I'm missing from your scenario. Can you send us a small sample application that illustrates your case?

As a side note I can also suggest you to try to attach the VS debugger to the Blend itself and see where the problem may come from.

Regards,
Stefan Dobrev
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
NB
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Oct 2009, 01:19 PM
Hi stefan,
Thank you for your reply, in fact I solved the problem by installing telrik fix patch for Q2 2009 and it works fine now.
However, you said that I can attach the VS debugger to Blend ? It's interesting to learn that, I never tried it, could plz give me instructions on how to do that ?
Thank you ;

Kiril Stanoev
Telerik team
answered on 08 Oct 2009, 08:38 AM
Hi Mohanned,

Please refer to this blog post:
http://blogs.msdn.com/expression/archive/2008/06/19/debugging-design-time-exceptions.aspx

It explains how to debug design time exceptions using VisualStudio and Expression Blend.

All the best,
Kiril Stanoev
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
NB
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stefan Dobrev
Telerik team
NB
Top achievements
Rank 1