Our Samples Kit Browser requires a local instance of Microsoft SQL Server in order to deploy and or run the samples. Unfortunately this is a limitation that we currently have.To resolve the situation you can either install SQL Server Express on your machine, or install the Samples Kit on a machine which has a local instance of SQL Server.
A possible workaround may be to install OpenAccess ORM on your machine and run the samples directly from the installation folder of the Samples Kit. You can do so by following these steps:
- Navigate to the installation directory of the Samples Kit. An example path would be systemdrive:\Program Files\Telerik\OpenAccess ORM\ProductSdk.
- The Samples directory contains all of the samples. Chose a sample you wish to run. Open it with Visual Studio and check the required database in the connections strings located in the .config files.
- The different databases which are needed for the samples are located in the DatabaseData folder in the directory where the Samples Kit is installed. Deploy the database which the chosen sample uses to your server.
- Modify the connection string of the sample which you wish to run as needed. Note that the connection string is contained in the .config files of both the project containing the OpenAccess Model and the project consuming the model. The connection string should be modified in both files.
- You should now be able to run the sample.
If you wish to make modifications to the samples but still keep the originals, copy the Samples and Common folders (located in the installation directory of the Samples Kit) to another new folder somewhere on your machine. You can run and modify the samples from there.
I hope this helps.
OpenAccess ORM Q3 2013 simplifies your model operations even further providing you with greater flexibility. Check out the list of new features
shipped with our latest release!