This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Can't load holiday planner demo in VS2010

2 Answers 111 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
firestream99
Top achievements
Rank 2
firestream99 asked on 28 Oct 2010, 05:47 AM
Hello,

I'd like to use the holiday planner demo as a starting point for a new business application I am writing. I'm using the trial version of the Silverlight controls for now so I suspect that this demo was released with non trial dlls in the 'binary' folder. There also isn't a VS2010 solution that includes the web project. I was able to add that but still can't get it to work.

Here's where the demo is located
http://www.telerik.com/account/free-trials/trial-product-versions/single-trial.aspx?pmvid=0&pid=571

Brent...

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
firestream99
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 28 Oct 2010, 06:04 AM
One thing I'll add is that when I try to view MainPage.xaml in the designer I get an error that says "Invalid XAML" . The <DataTemplate> is referenced in the error but I don't see what is wrong.

Brent...
Konstantina
Telerik team
answered on 02 Nov 2010, 08:35 AM
Hi Brent,

The sample application is released without any assemblies, so please make sure you reference them in the project. After that the errors should disappear. For more information which assemblies do you need please check out this help article: http://www.telerik.com/help/silverlight/installation-installing-controls-dependencies.html

Please let us know if you still experience some difficulties.

All the best,
Konstantina
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
firestream99
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
firestream99
Top achievements
Rank 2
Konstantina
Telerik team