This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

can't create telerik silverlight project in VS 2008

4 Answers 99 Views
Installer and Visual Studio Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Eric
Top achievements
Rank 1
Eric asked on 09 Dec 2009, 04:42 PM
Hello,

I am using the 2009Q3 trial release with a freshly install of VS 2008. When I try to create a "Telerik Silverlight" project, I have an error:
"The model tried to load a not safe component: Microsoft.VisualStudio.Silverlight Version= 9.0.0.0 ....".

I tried to re-install 2008 and Siverlight but nothing changed. Google did not help.

thanks in advance for help.

Eric Santonacci

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
answered on 09 Dec 2009, 04:53 PM
Hi Eric,

This message happens because the RadControls for Silverlight project template uses functionality, embedded in the Silverlight Tools distribution. To my regret we couldn't find a way to prevent this error message from happening for Visual Studio 2008 (this is handled better in Visual Studio 2010). The good news is that once you click the "Trust" button you won't get the message anymore.

Kind regards,
Erjan Gavalji
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Eric
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Dec 2009, 05:58 PM
Hi Erjan,

thanks for the quick answer. Unfortunetly, I couldn't find this "trust" button anywhere. I'm working with Windows 7 and The only button I have with error is "Ok". I f I use "Telerik" menu (instead of "new project") it says "VS 2008 should run under administrator privilege", which doens't change anything when I do it. I had a look in options and configuration and anywhere in parameters menu but couldn't find how to make this model trusteable.

Eric
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
answered on 10 Dec 2009, 12:48 PM
Hi Eric,

It seems I misunderstood you and suggested approach for a different error. Please, excuse me for that.

Do you have Silverlight 3 Tools installed on your machine?

Kind regards,
Erjan Gavalji
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Eric
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Dec 2009, 03:36 PM
Hi Erjan,

I don't have this Silverlight tools installed. I'm going to do it. It looks like it is an "RTFM mistake" from me. I'm sorry for that.

Thank you for your help.
--
Eric
Tags
Installer and Visual Studio Extensions
Asked by
Eric
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team