Can't cache tabs with 2015.3.1111

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Michal
    Michal avatar
    2 posts

Posted 04 Aug Link to this post

Hi support team. 

We are developing an offline application with use of angular 1.6 & kendo ui & jQuery 3.1.1.
    We've tried to update a kendo to newest version, but we've hit issue #3446 so we've decided to use latest version, that handles dropdowns correctly - 2015.3.1111. 

I have a following tabstrip control:

1.<div id="tabstrip1" class="tabstrips" kendo-tab-strip k-on-activate="onTabActivate(kendoEvent)" k-content-urls="[ 'NGViews/First.html', 'NGViews/Second.html', 'NGViews/Third.html' ]" k-animation="{open:{effects:false}}" ng-show="contentDisplay">
    2.<ul>
    3.  <li id="firstTab" class="k-state-active" ng-click="doSmth(0)" >First</li>
    4.  <li id="secondTab" ng-click="doSmth(1)" >Second</li>
    5.  <li id="thirdTab" ng-click="doSmth(2)" >Third</li>
    6.</ul>
    7.</div>

When I use Kendo.Ui ver v2014.2.903 Ajax calls from TabStrip looks like that: ".../NGViews/First.html", but when I switch to 2015.3.1111 they starts looking like this: "....NGViews/First.html?_=1501840674365 - this number at the end is increased with every call. So caching mechanism can't read page from cache.

According to documentation this can be overrided in 2017 releases.

Do you know a way to bypass this problem in 2015.3.1111? For us it is critical issue.

I've tried to make $.ajaxSetup({ 'cache': true }); just after referencing jQuery, but it gave me nothing.

2. Joana
    Admin
    Joana avatar
    125 posts

Posted 07 Aug Link to this post

Hi Michal,

In R1 2017 Kendo UI release, we added several enhancements in our TabStrip widget including cache configuration for the tabs. You could test the behavior here in this dojo: http://dojo.telerik.com/aHOvAh. You could have a look at this article too, which explains in details the configuration: http://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/api/javascript/ui/tabstrip#configuration-contentUrls

Could you please test with latest version of Kendo UI and see if everything works as expected?

Regards,
    Joana
    Progress Telerik
    Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
  3. Michal
    Michal avatar
    2 posts

Posted 08 Aug in reply to Joana Link to this post

Hi Joana,
    as I wrote in the original post - we can't use 2017 Q1 version, as we hit issue #3446

Regards
    Michal

4. Joana
    Admin
    Joana avatar
    125 posts

Posted 09 Aug Link to this post

Hello Michal,

I raised the priority of the issue #3446 and it's currently in Testing stage. If it successfully passes the testing process, the fix will be available in our Latest Internal Build. I will write you back once the issue is fixed and when to expect the fix.

Regards,
    Joana
    Progress Telerik
    Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.