This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Can't access Icenium through VS 2012

2 Answers 41 Views
AppBuilder extension for Visual Studio
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Dave
Top achievements
Rank 1
Dave asked on 26 Sep 2013, 06:18 PM
Hi guys.  Just watched the presentation this morning and I've installed Icenium 30 day trial  (I think), but there's no Icenium menu item in VS 2012, and no Icenium templates when I go to create a new project via VS 2012.  What did I miss?

Thanks

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Joe
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Sep 2013, 12:58 AM
What edition of VS 2012 are you using? You might want to check the install steps in the blob post announcing the VS integration. Unfortunately, I only have Express versions of VS 2012 at home so I'll have to try it tomorrow at work.
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 27 Sep 2013, 11:24 AM
Hi Dave,

Indeed as Joe mentioned, only Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 Professional, Premium, or Ultimate versions are supported. This information is available in the System Requirements help article.

If you're using a supported version, please post a screenshot of the "About MS Visual Studio" dialog. Also share whether you have started Visual Studio as Administrator and did you install the Icenium extension from Visual Studio directly (Tools -> Extensions and Updates) or downloaded it from our site. Can you check whether the Icenium extension shows as installed in the Extensions and Updates of Visual Studio?
If not, please search for Icenium and try to install it again.

Regards,
Steve
Telerik

Big news for mobile app and .NET developers! Hear about it at our Release Keynote. Thursday, September 26th, 11AM EDT
Do you enjoy Icenium? Vote for it in Windows IT Pro Community Choice Awards as Best Cloud Computing Product or Service (Category 5).
Looking for tips & tricks directly from the Icenium team? Check out our blog!
Share feedback and vote for features on our Feedback Portal.
Tags
AppBuilder extension for Visual Studio
Asked by
Dave
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Joe
Top achievements
Rank 1
Steve
Telerik team