This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Auto-update in VS2010 doesn't download

11 Answers 162 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Larry Brindise
Top achievements
Rank 1
Larry Brindise asked on 17 Dec 2010, 02:33 PM
I occasionally received the "New JustCode version available!" popup when I open Visual Studio 2010.  Cool.
I type in my Telerik account Email and Password.  (I have verified that they are correct by logging into my Telerik account separately.)
I have tried to click the "Download" button with this information entered and not entered.  I have tried it with the "Use my Telerik account" checkbox checked-and-unchecked.  (In other words, I believe I have tried all permutations of data entry)  I have tried this several times over the past few weeks with the same bad result.
No matter what I do, I received the error (after less than a second):
"You have entered wrong Telerik credentials or the service is currently not available."
Wondering whether I should just ignore this whole VS auto-update process and get my downloads from the Telerik web site.
Thanks,
Larry

11 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Svetlozar
Telerik team
answered on 21 Dec 2010, 01:35 PM
Hello Larry Brindise @ The Phil,

Sorry for the inconvenience. We had a bug in our update process that is fixed in the service pack. You shouldn't have problems downloading future JustCode versions once you have Q3 2010 Service Pack 1 installed. For those of you, who have older versions with this problem, please download the Service Pack from www.telerik.com.

Greetings,
Svetlozar Angelov
the Telerik team
Browse the videos here>> to help you get started with JustCode
MiddleTommy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Feb 2011, 05:55 PM
I have always had trouble with JustCode downloading new versions.
I am using 2010.3.1215.0 and I still get wrong credentials error messages.
MiddleTommy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Feb 2011, 06:06 PM
I just uninstalled JustCode then Reinstalled the same version.
I re-entered my credentials and the download works fine now.
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Apr 2011, 05:03 PM
I'm experiencing the same error.  However, when checking for updates I am not presented with an option to enter a password; only an email address.  I have changed my Telerik password, but I tried changing it back; but that did not lead to success.  I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling.  I was never prompted for my credentials; I assume they are built into my download.
MiddleTommy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Apr 2011, 05:35 PM
I am having the same problem again (Same as John).
Silverlight controls updates itself just fine
JustCode usually says I have the wrong credentials.
MiddleTommy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Apr 2011, 02:06 PM
I just tried to download the latest Justcode and had the same problem.
No where to enter a password.

So on a hunch I erased my username and poof a password box appeared.
I re-entered my username and password and all was OK.

I dont know how the wrong password was entered because it worked before.

It would be nice to be able to save and close VS from the downloader then automatically start the install of JustCode.
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Apr 2011, 02:16 PM
MiddleTommy, you are a genius.  That worked like a champ!  It never even occured to me that the password box might just be hidden.

Thanks for the help!
Svetlozar
Telerik team
answered on 07 Apr 2011, 09:19 AM
Hello John,

I just want to mention a few things about the problem you might experience with our auto updates process.

When you send feedback with valid username and password we save an authentication token and next time we use that instead of username/password. We do that, because we don't want to compromise your password security (safe the password on your machine). If you have that token we don't show the password textbox and we try to authenticate you with the token. The problem is that after a while the token expires and becomes invalid for the service that downloads the file. The solution for that is already mentioned by Tommy Tucker (thank you for that).

What we will do is to improve JustCode to check first if the token is valid before trying to use it (hiding the password textbox).  

Regards,
Svetlozar Angelov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Ron
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Mar 2012, 07:20 PM
Hi,

This feature never worked for me either! It's 2012 now and I'm using the latest version of Telerik.

What happened?
Ron
MiddleTommy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Mar 2012, 08:44 PM
I would uninstall justcode restart then install the latest.
Svetlozar
Telerik team
answered on 23 Mar 2012, 11:08 AM
Hello,

Which version of JustCode did you have when you tried to download the file? Recently we did some improvements to the telerik login view and one of the improvements was to show you the password textbox in case of wrong credentials.

Regards,
Svetlozar
the Telerik team
Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Larry Brindise
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Svetlozar
Telerik team
MiddleTommy
Top achievements
Rank 1