Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET MVC Forum
1 answer
127 views

hi,

i have a virtual scrollable grid for which i set the height:

.Resizable(resize => resize.Columns(true))

        .Scrollable(scrollable => scrollable.Virtual(true))
        Scrollable(s => s.Height("500px"))

 

i also need to display custom record count using footerTemplate

columns.Bound(o => o.TradeNumber).Width(130).Groupable(false).Locked(true).FooterTemplate("Total records: " + recordCount);

 

setting the height above hides the footer.  but i need to set the height since its virtual and i need it scrollable.

what can i do?

 

thanks.

Kostadin
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2016
3 answers
577 views

Hi,
I have a Grid with incell edits rows.
I search since the last 2 day to found a solution to have some line with attribute Readonly or disabled if the cell date is <= than a @ViewData[“DisabledDate“]. I don't want user to modify this lines.

I found this way : http://dojo.telerik.com/UQaGo  .... but it a inline edit mode. I have to find a solution with InCell mode. I don't want to have to click "update" and "save" on each row.

 

Thank and sorry for my English.

 

My grid code :

@(Html.Kendo().Grid<Mentorat.Models.Intervention>()
   .Name("grid")
   .Columns(columns =>{
            columns.Bound(c => c.Date_Intervention).Title("Date").Format("{0:yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm:ss}").Width(130).ClientGroupFooterTemplate("#= count # intervention(s)").ClientFooterTemplate("#= count # intervention(s)");
           //columns.Bound(c => c.Date_Intervention).Width(130).Title("Date").ClientGroupFooterTemplate("#= count # intervention(s)").ClientFooterTemplate("#= count # intervention(s)").HtmlAttributes(new { @class = "templateCell" }).ClientTemplate((
                  //    @Html.Kendo().DateTimePicker().Name("date_#=No_Intervention#").Format("{0:yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm}").HtmlAttributes(new { data_bind = "value:Date_Intervention" }).ToClientTemplate()).ToHtmlString()
                  //);
                  columns.Bound(c => c.Duree_Intervention).Title("Durée (min.)").Width(70).ClientGroupFooterTemplate("Total : #= kendo.format('{0:0.00}', sum/60)# hrs").ClientFooterTemplate("Total : #= kendo.format('{0:0.00}', sum/60)# hrs");
                  columns.ForeignKey(c => c.No_Mentore_Intervention, (System.Collections.IEnumerable) ViewData["ListeMentor"], "No_Mentore", "NomComplet_Mentore").Title("Mentoré").Width(160).ClientGroupHeaderTemplate("#= getHeaderMentores(value,data)#");
                  columns.Bound(c => c.Description_Intervention).Title("Description").Width(300);
                  columns.Command(command => { command.Destroy(); }).Width(65);
              })            
              .ToolBar(toolbar =>
              {
              toolbar.Create();
              toolbar.Custom().Name("RepartirTemps").Text("Répartir").HtmlAttributes(new { id = "RepartirTemps", @class = "k-plus" }).Url("#");
              toolbar.Save();
              toolbar.Excel();
              })
              .Editable(editable => editable.Mode(GridEditMode.InCell))             
              .Pageable()
              .Filterable(ftb => ftb.Mode(GridFilterMode.Menu))
              .Groupable()
              .Events(events => events.DataBound("onDataBound"))
              .Events(events => events.Edit("onEdit"))          
              .DataSource(dataSource => dataSource
                  .Ajax()
                  .Events(e => e.Change("onChange"))
                  .Batch(true)
                  .PageSize(20)
                  .Model(model => model.Id(p => p.No_Intervention))
                  .Read(read => read.Action("Interventions_Read", "Interventions"))
                  .Create(create => create.Action("Interventions_Create", "Interventions"))
                  .Update(update => update.Action("Interventions_Update", "Interventions"))
                  .Destroy(destroy => destroy.Action("Interventions_Destroy", "Interventions"))
                  .Aggregates(ag =>
                  {
                      ag.Add(p => p.Duree_Intervention).Sum();
                      ag.Add(p => p.Date_Intervention).Count();
                  })
              )
        )


 

Patrick | Technical Support Engineer, Senior
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2016
1 answer
271 views

I'm trying to figure out how to populate a dropdown list when editing a ListView item. I'm binding to a ViewModel that contains an IEnumerable<SelectListItem>. On other pages without a ListView, I do something like below, however I'm not sure what action I can use to set up the model so that I have access to it when editing using the ListView.  I tried looping through each item in the Read action and setting States there, which is definitely inefficient, but regardless didn't work.  Any ideas?

public IActionResult Index()
{
    var model = _service.FindById(1));
    model.States = (_lookupService.GetStates());
    return View(model);
}

<select asp-for="StateId" asp-items="Model.States" class="form-control">
    <option value=""></option>
</select>
Vasil
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2016
3 answers
456 views

Hello,

In HTML helpers we could for example write:

@(Html.Kendo()
     .DatePicker()
     .Name("datepicker")
     .Deferred()
)
 
...
 
@section scripts {
    @Html.Kendo().DeferredScripts()
}

 

To have scripts deferred. How can we accomplish the same thing with tag helpers?

<kendo-datepicker name="datepicker" />

 

Thanks,

Alaa

Marin
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2016
1 answer
240 views

I'm looking to customize the paging of the ListView to have an infinite scroll (loading next group when getting to the bottom). Similar to the functionality offered in the grid. Is there any way to achieve this? It kind of looks like the ASP.NET AJAX listview has the ability to customize the pager. Is there any way to go about this?

 

Thanks

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2016
3 answers
140 views
Hello I have a grid in my razor view,
I have added these resources
<link rel="stylesheet" href="@Url.Content("~/Content/KendoThemes/kendo.common.min.css")">
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="@Url.Content("~/Content/KendoThemes/kendo.rtl.min.css")">
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="@Url.Content("~/Content/KendoThemes/kendo.default.min.css")">
 
<script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/jquery.min.js")"></script>
    <script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/kendo.web.min.js")"></script>
    <script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/kendo.aspnetmvc.min.js")"></script>


here is my grid

  
@(Html.Kendo().Grid<Nop.Web.Models.Customer.CustomerInfoModel>()
    .Name("Grid")   
    .Columns(columns => {       
        columns.Bound(p => p.Active);
       // columns.Bound(p => p.cbSubscriptions).ClientTemplate("#=Employee.EmployeeName#");
        columns.Bound(p => p.cbSubscriptions);
        columns.Bound(p => p.FirstName);
        columns.Command(command => { command.Edit(); command.Destroy(); }).Width(200);   
    })   
    .ToolBar(toolBar => toolBar.Create())
    .Editable(editable => editable.Mode(GridEditMode.InLine))
    .Pageable()
    .Sortable()
    .Scrollable()
            .DataSource(dataSource => dataSource
                .Ajax()
                .Events(events => events.Error("error_handler"))
                .Model(model => model.Id(p => p.Id))
                        .Create(update => update.Action("EditingInline_Create", "Customer"))
                        .Read(read => read.Action("UsersList", "Customer"))
                .Update(update => update.Action("EditingInline_Update", "Grid"))
                .Destroy(update => update.Action("EditingInline_Destroy", "Grid"))
            )
)
<script type="text/javascript">
    function error_handler(e) {
        if (e.errors) {
            var message = "Errors:\n";
            $.each(e.errors, function (key, value) {
                if ('errors' in value) {
                    $.each(value.errors, function () {
                        message += this + "\n";
                    });
                }
            });
            alert(message);
        }
    }
</script>

This works fine. it calls my action in controller to read the data, but the problem is that, it is displaying any rows in grid, even the controller returns the record. I have checked the console, there is no script error, and my network tab shows that these data has been transferred from the server. 

  1. data: [{Email:familymanager1_user1@gmail.com, AllowUsersToChangeUsernames:false, UsernamesEnabled:false,…},…]
    1. 0: {Email:familymanager1_user1@gmail.com, AllowUsersToChangeUsernames:false, UsernamesEnabled:false,…}
    2. 1: {Email:familymanager1_user2@gmail.com, AllowUsersToChangeUsernames:false, UsernamesEnabled:false,…}
    3. 2: {Email:familymanager1_user3@gmail.com, AllowUsersToChangeUsernames:false, UsernamesEnabled:false,…}
    4. 3: {Email:as@sad.com, AllowUsersToChangeUsernames:false, UsernamesEnabled:false, Username:aasasasasas687,…}
  2. total: 4

Am I missing something to add. 
Rosen
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2016
5 answers
1.2K+ views

Hi i am binding my kendo grid with DataTable and trying to display some columns as checkbox using clienttemplate. However every time i am trying i am getting error doing that.

Does anyone know how i can achieve this?

I have attached the mockup of image what im trying to achieve i.e. grid-mockup.jpg. 

The error message i get is: Uncaught ReferenceError: ColumnName is not defined

Here is my Razor code:

@using Kendo.Mvc.UI
@model System.Data.DataTable
 
@(Html.Kendo().Grid<dynamic>()
    .Name("Grid")
    .Columns(columns =>
    {
        foreach (System.Data.DataColumn column in Model.Columns)
        {
            if (column.ColumnName != "SupplierNumber" && column.ColumnName != "CustomerItemNumber")
            {
                columns.Bound(column.ColumnName).ClientTemplate("<input type='checkbox' disabled #= ColumnName == 'True' ? checked='checked' : '' # />");
            }
            else
            {
                columns.Bound(column.ColumnName);
            }
        }
        columns.Command(cmd => cmd.Edit());
    })
    .Pageable()
    .Sortable()
    .Editable(ed => ed.Mode(GridEditMode.PopUp))
    .Filterable()
    .Groupable()
    .DataSource(dataSource => dataSource
        .Ajax()
        .Model(model =>
        {
            var id = Model.PrimaryKey[0].ColumnName;
            model.Id(id);
            foreach (System.Data.DataColumn column in Model.Columns)
            {
                var field = model.Field(column.ColumnName, column.DataType);
                if (column.ColumnName == id)
                {
                    field.Editable(false);
                }
 
            }
        })
        .Read(read => read.Action("Read", "Home"))
        .Update(update => update.Action("Update", "Home"))
    )
)

Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2016
1 answer
250 views
We are using ASP.NET MVC and have a grid with a date column which as a filter. The date filter has datepickers. In the filter datepickers, is there a way to prevent the user from selecting some minimum date (like two years ago).
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Aug 2016
1 answer
1.7K+ views

I am trying to get a Kendo DropDownList—declared inside of a Kendo Template script block—to automatically select an item from its list when a data value is provided to the template. I’m not having any luck doing this because I don’t understand how to plumb this particular case. My project has many other Kendo DropDownList controls, and they work just fine, but they are not declared inside of any Kendo Templates.

Basically, I have a parent Kendo Grid with the following declaration (irrelevant Razor omitted for clarity):

@(Html.Kendo().Grid<DocumentUploadViewModel>()
         .ClientDetailTemplateId("documentUploadTemplate")

My intention is to provide an editor template for the grid consisting of a Kendo Template script block. At the moment, that template looks like this:

<script id="documentUploadTemplate" type="text/kendo-tmpl">
    <div>
        <p>ID: ${Id}</p>
        <p>Document Type ID: ${DocumentTypeId}</p>
        <p>Document Type Name: ${DocumentTypeName}</p>
        <p>Path: ${Path}</p>
        <p>FileName: ${FileName}</p>
        <p>MIME Type: ${MimeType}</p>
    </div>
    <div>
        @(Html.Kendo().DropDownList()
            .Name("uxDocumentTypeName#=Id#")
            .OptionLabel("Please Select...")
            .DataValueField("DocumentTypeId")
            .DataTextField("DocumentTypeName")
            .DataSource(s =>
            {
                s.Read(r =>
                {
                    r.Action("GetDocumentTypes", "MyController");
                })
                .ServerFiltering(true);
            })
            .ToClientTemplate()
        )
    </div>
</script>

My parent grid, which is working fine, is bound to a populated DocumentUploadViewModel, and its field values are surfaced in the Kendo Template for debugging purposes. When I invoke my grid’s “edit” button, I see the selected grid item’s bound data appear correctly inside the DIV at the top of the presented template.

The drop-down itself is full of data from the DataSource.Read.Action call, and I can manually make selections. However, I am unsure how to wire the control so that it automatically selects the item specified by the passed-in “DocumentTypeId” field. I do see this field value rendering correctly in the DIV, and the visible ID matches one of the items found in the drop-down’s data.

Normally, I would write @Html.Kendo.DropDownListFor(m => m.DocumentTypeId) but I can’t get at the “model” passed into the Kendo template. I have tried .BindTo("#=DocumentUploadViewModel.DocumentTypeId") as well as other variations, to no avail.

Peter Milchev
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Aug 2016
4 answers
879 views

Hello, I am using Kendo Grid on my MVC site. Loading data using AJAX call. But, the data disappears right after loading. Below is a code for Grid control in the view. 

@(Html.Kendo().Grid<SomeViewModelClass>()
            .Name("criteriaGridDiv")
            .AutoBind(false)
            .DataSource(datasource => datasource
                .Ajax()
                .Model(module =>
                    {
                        module.Id("ID");
                        module.Field("ScoreValue", typeof(int));
                        module.Field("ProjectID", typeof(string));
                        module.Field("CallMonitoringFormTypeID", typeof(int));
                        module.Field("FailureOnNotMet", typeof(bool));
                    })
               .Create(create => create.Action("Create_Criteria", "Permission", new { ModuleId = ViewBag.ModuleId }))
               .Update(update => update.Action("Edit_Criteria", "Permission", new { ModuleId = ViewBag.ModuleId }))
            )
            .Columns(columns =>
            {
                columns.Bound("ID").Visible(false);
                columns.Bound("ProjectID").Visible(false);
                columns.Bound("CallMonitoringFormTypeID").Visible(false);
                columns.Bound("CriteriaStatement").Title("Criteria");
                columns.Bound("ScoreValue").Title("Score Value").HtmlAttributes(new { style = "max-width:100px;" });
                columns.Bound("FailureOnNotMet").Title("Fail call if Not Met?").ClientTemplate("<input type='checkbox' #= FailureOnNotMet ? checked='checked':'' # class='failureOnNotMetCheck' />");
                columns.Command(command => command.Edit()).HtmlAttributes(new { style = "max-width:200px;" });
            })
            .ToolBar(toolbar => toolbar.Create().Text("Add New Criteria").HtmlAttributes(new { id = "radGridButton" }))
            .Editable(editable => { editable.Mode(GridEditMode.InLine); })            
            .HtmlAttributes(new { style = "max-width:90%;height:500px;" }))

Any thought on what I am missing here?

 

Thanks in advance. 

Kirtan

kirtan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Aug 2016
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
Grid
General Discussions
Scheduler
DropDownList
Chart
Editor
TreeView
DatePicker
ComboBox
Upload
MultiSelect
ListView
Window
TabStrip
Menu
Installer and VS Extensions
Spreadsheet
AutoComplete
TreeList
Gantt
PanelBar
NumericTextBox
Filter
ToolTip
Map
Diagram
Button
PivotGrid
Form
ListBox
Splitter
Application
FileManager
Sortable
Calendar
View
MaskedTextBox
PDFViewer
TextBox
Toolbar
Dialog
MultiColumnComboBox
DropDownTree
Checkbox
Slider
Switch
Notification
Accessibility
ListView (Mobile)
Pager
Security
ColorPicker
DateRangePicker
Wizard
Styling
Chat
DateInput
MediaPlayer
TileLayout
Drawer
SplitView
Template
Barcode
ButtonGroup (Mobile)
Drawer (Mobile)
ImageEditor
RadioGroup
Sparkline
Stepper
TabStrip (Mobile)
GridLayout
Badge
LinearGauge
ModalView
ResponsivePanel
TextArea
Breadcrumb
ExpansionPanel
Licensing
Rating
ScrollView
ButtonGroup
CheckBoxGroup
NavBar
ProgressBar
QRCode
RadioButton
Scroller
Timeline
TreeMap
TaskBoard
OrgChart
Captcha
ActionSheet
Signature
DateTimePicker
AppBar
BottomNavigation
Card
FloatingActionButton
Localization
MultiViewCalendar
PopOver (Mobile)
Ripple
ScrollView (Mobile)
Switch (Mobile)
PivotGridV2
FlatColorPicker
ColorPalette
DropDownButton
AIPrompt
PropertyGrid
ActionSheet (Mobile)
BulletGraph
Button (Mobile)
Collapsible
Loader
CircularGauge
SkeletonContainer
Popover
HeatMap
Avatar
ColorGradient
CircularProgressBar
SplitButton
StackLayout
TimeDurationPicker
Chip
ChipList
DockManager
ToggleButton
Sankey
OTPInput
ChartWizard
SpeechToTextButton
InlineAIPrompt
TimePicker
StockChart
RadialGauge
ContextMenu
ArcGauge
AICodingAssistant
SmartPasteButton
PromptBox
SegmentedControl
LLM Kit
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?