We are currently updating an application to use MVC 6 with the current set of beta release from Telerik with the MVC wrappers.We are running into one sticking point that the demos do not address and I cannot find anywhere in the docs where it does either.
On out pages we have multiple grids with custom toolbars deployed using the common syntax
.ToolBar(toolbar =>
{
toolbar.Template(
@<text>
//Bunch of code remove for brevity
</text>);
})
However, this throws an error and upon further inspection the toolbar.Template method doesn't exist. We did find ClientTemplate but we cannot seem to get this to work. How are we supposed to implement a custom toolbar now? We saw that there may be a way in which we could specify a ViewComponent but it was not very clear.
If you could provide us an example this would go a long way to us getting this out the door.. So far all of the other controls seem to be working no problem.
Thanks,
AJ


I would like to display data in a popup window or tooltip when users hover over or click on a cell in the Telerik grid. I tried using the Telerik tooltip, however the tooltip doesn't display at all. I also tried the jquery and bootstrap tooltips, but they do not work as well. When I use the tooltips for an element outside of the grid, they work fine. Does anyone have a razor example for using the Telerik tooltip in a grid? Also, are there other ways to approach this? Essentially, I want to display a small popup window with a table of additional information related to one specific cell in each row of the table.
Hi There,
I have a situation where I will have to do many same pages with the same Grid columns and functionality, but it will have a bit different dataSource I will have to read from the backend controller. Is there a way I can template the Grid itself and reuse it but be able to switch the dataSource?
For example.
@(Html.Kendo().Grid<Kendo.Mvc.Examples.Models.CustomerViewModel>() .Name("grid") .Columns(columns => { columns.Bound(c => c.ContactName).ClientTemplate( @"<div class='customer-photo' style='background-image: url(../content/web/Customers/#:data.CustomerID#.jpg);'></div> <div class='customer-name'>#: ContactName #</div>") .Width(240); columns.Bound(c => c.ContactTitle); columns.Bound(c => c.CompanyName); columns.Bound(c => c.Country).Width(150); }) .HtmlAttributes(new { style = "height: 550px;" }) .Scrollable() .Groupable() .Sortable() .Pageable(pageable => pageable .Refresh(true) .PageSizes(true) .ButtonCount(5)) .DataSource(dataSource => dataSource .Ajax() .Read(read => read.Action("Customers_Read", "Grid")) .PageSize(20) ))
I want the
.DataSource(dataSource => dataSource .Ajax() .Read(read => read.Action("Customers_Read", "Grid")) .PageSize(20))
Customers_Read to be switched to OldCustomers_Read
or NewCustomers_Read
or CustomersEtc_Read
But I don't want to copy everything of the Grid over and over.
How can I do this?
Thank You
Hi,
I have a grid with a remarks column in which I want to be able to edit the complete multiline datafield. I have this working with
[DataType(DataType.MultilineText)]
But I only want to show 3 lines and not the complete text. If I go into edit mode the complete text should be visible of course
A nice to have would be if it is dynamic, so if I change the size of the column the text also changes.
I have attached two pictures with what I want.
Maurice

I have an editor that is used in our CMS system. Some pages have javascript snippets which the content managers sometimes need to modify.
Currently when clicking the editor's "View HTML" button, none of the script tags are displayed (only the html)
Is there a way to get the editor to display the script tags in "View HTML"?

I've seen several examples of implementing a CheckAll checkbox column header, but I've only seen it implemented in a grid that has a column bound to a boolean field/property. Unfortunately this doesn't really help me. I have a grid bound to a list of data entities but in place of the row number (or ID field), I am displaying a checkbox. I'd like to have a checkbox in the column header for that row that will check all the checkboxes in that column. Every example I've seen modifies the datasource, or the underlying object... changing a boolean field from false to true to check it. But since my checkboxes are not actually bound to a boolean field, how can I accomplish this same thing?
Not that it's pertinent, but I'm displaying a list of documents in this grid, allowing the user to select individual ones that will then send the row IDs to an MVC controller for zipping up the documents into a ZIP file for download. So it's more of a selection type checkbox as opposed to denoting a boolean true or false.
I have the appropriate javascript function for getting the checked checkboxes, just need a way to check all for ease of use.