Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET MVC Forum
8 answers
1.5K+ views
Hi there,

We are using Q2 2014 MVC official release and are having an issue with filtering on a dropdownlist when this is on a Twitter Bootstrap modal.

Code sample:

Editor Template:

@model string
 
@(Html.Kendo().DropDownListFor(m => m)
    .DataTextField("Username")
    .DataValueField("UserDetailId")
    .OptionLabel("-- Please select --")
    .Filter("contains")
    .DataSource(source =>
    {
        source.Read(read =>
        {
            read.Action("Search", "User", new { area = "Search" });
 
        })
       .ServerFiltering(true);
    })
)


Modal form:

@model SelectUserModel
 
<div class="modal-header">
    <button type="button" class="close" data-dismiss="modal" aria-hidden="true">×</button>
    <h4 class="modal-title">Select User</h4>
</div>
 
@using (Html.BeginForm())
{
    if (Html.ViewData.ModelState.Any(m => m.Key == string.Empty))
    {
        <div class="row">
            <div class="form-group col-md-12 alert alert-danger">Error:@Html.ValidationSummary()</div>
        </div>
    }
 
    <div class="modal-body">
        <div class="form-vertical">
            <div class="row">
                <div class="form-group">
                    <div class="col-md-6 ">
                        @Html.LabelFor(model => model.UserDetailId)
                        @Html.EditorFor(model => model.UserDetailId)
                        @Html.ValidationMessageFor(model => model.UserDetailId)
                    </div>
                </div>
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>
    <div class="modal-footer">
        @Html.SubmitButton()
        @Html.ModalCancelButton()
    </div>
}


The dropdownlist renders correctly and works fine in Chrome and Firefox. However, in IE 9-11 the dropdown opens when the arrow is clicked but immediately closes again.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Paul
Duncan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Nov 2018
1 answer
132 views

I found this problem on a simple donut chart I was creating, but found that the demo linked below has the same issue:

https://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-mvc/donut-charts/donut-labels

When hovering over each of the categories in the chart, the proximity of the tool tip to the graph is inconsistent.  The 'tennis', 'basketball' and 'rugby' tool tips are a few pixels of white space away from the graph, the tool tip for 'volleyball' is a bit closer to the graph and the corner of the tool tip for 'football' is touching the graph.

Ultimately, I would like a way to make the spacing to be consistent.  However, if there is a way to increase the amount of space to ensure that none of the tool tips are touching the graph that would work as well.

Thanks!

 

Stamo Gochev
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Nov 2018
1 answer
245 views

Hi, I attempted to use Kendo-editor control in my asp.net mvc core application. I added the control to a cshtml file in the simple form. 

<kendo-editor name="editor">

</kendo-editor>

But when starting the web, there is an error in the console:

bundle.js:39 Uncaught TypeError: e.kendoSelectBox is not a function
    at Object.initialize (bundle.js:39)
    at HTMLSelectElement.<anonymous> (bundle.js:39)
    at Function.each (bundle.js:28)
    at xe.fn.init.each (bundle.js:28)
    at init.bindTo (bundle.js:39)
    at new init (bundle.js:39)
    at HTMLTextAreaElement.<anonymous> (bundle.js:1)
    at Function.each (bundle.js:28)
    at xe.fn.init.each (bundle.js:28)
    at xe.fn.init.e.fn.(:44398/anonymous function) [as kendoEditor] (https://localhost:44398/bundle.js:

The same error is in both chrome and IE.

FYI: I am able to use other controls, such as dropdownlist, grid, without issue.

See the attachment for the display of the kendo-editor.

What step did I miss?

Thanks,

Wei

Ianko
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Nov 2018
3 answers
957 views

Hi,

I have a problem with kendo ui grid where the pager options are not getting translated based on culture.

options like: "items per page", Pager Buttons tooltips: "Next", "Previous", "Last", "First" and "Refresh" are not translated.

I am using Kendo Version: 2018.2.620

 

Could you Please help me out.

Thanks for helping.

 

Tsvetomir
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Nov 2018
4 answers
134 views

We have a simple kendo MVC grid works fine.  However, if a bot/scan adds some normally invalid parameters to the querystring, the page throws an exception.

You can see that in action with the Telerik demo page:

This works

https://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-mvc/grid

This throws an exception.  If you examine the console, you'll see a 500 error

https://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-mvc/grid?grid-sort=testsort

"testsort" is not a valid column, thus an exception occurs.

The above example isn't *exactly* what's happening with our grid since our grid is bound to a server side Model rather than an ajax source, but the concept is the same.  In our page, the Kendo grid throws the error (rather than the ajax source) and the error is

Invalid property or field - '[invalid sort parameter passed in]' for type: [our model]

What is the best way to handle this since the Telerik Grid doesn't handle it automatically?  I hate to wrap every grid in a try/catch just because the telerik control doesn't handle an invalid sort param, but I can certainly do that if that's the only option.

Angel Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Nov 2018
1 answer
1.8K+ views

I'm having issue with getting WebComponentsIcons to appear in a testing environment after publishing.  It works fine in dev.

I've looked everywhere to find the problem but with no success.

The font files are where the should be according to  @font-face in kendo-common-bootstrap.css (/Content/web/fonts/glyphs/)

I haven't changed or overridden any of the css classes such as .k-tool-icon.

The class assignments are kendo - provided.  I did not choose any of the classes that include WebComponentsIcons

I'm a little stumped here and and unsure of what I should be looking at for a solution.

I can't provide code due to security policy, but if I could get some general pointers to what I should be looking at  that would be a huge help

Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Nov 2018
1 answer
271 views

Hi,

 

I'm trying to figure out how to get the "All Day" section in the Days and Week view to have a max height.

I've narrowed it down to the following CSS selector but i'm wondering if there's an easier way to achieve this.

 

.k-scheduler-dayview > tbody > tr:nth-child(1) > td > .k-scheduler-times > .k-scheduler-table > tbody > tr:nth-child(2),
.k-scheduler-weekview > tbody > tr:nth-child(1) > td > .k-scheduler-times > .k-scheduler-table > tbody > tr:nth-child(2) {
    height: 100px !important;
    overflow-y: auto !important;
}
 
.k-scheduler-header > .k-scheduler-header-wrap > div {
    height: 100px !important;
    overflow-y: auto !important;
}

 

One issue i've found going with this method is that on pages where there are no all day events, the height of the row does not correspond to the active area of the row inside it - which means the active area is just 1 row height - i.e. you can't click on the whole all day row to create a new item.

 

I've tried using the max-height property too but this doesn't seem to work.

 

Is the correct way to be setting row heights or is there an easier option?

 

 

Thanks

Ivan Danchev
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Nov 2018
1 answer
186 views

I'm trying to create a scheduler to present shift work for users

 

 

This view will require 2 sets of data to show up, one from 7am to 7pm and one from 7pm to 7am.

 

Is there a way to programmatically set the start and end times for the screen using Javascript so that when the clock goes to 7am, the view shows 7am to 7pm, and when it goes to 7pm, the screen automatically jumps to 7pm - 7am?

 

If the above is not possible, what is the closest way that we can achieve the above functionality?

 

Thanks

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Nov 2018
5 answers
958 views
Hi,
I purchased this product and I have some problems.
1. How to post all data in KendoGrid back to controller on button click? The button is html input button. Can anybody provide a very simple sample, please?
2. I also use client template for editing and deleting because I use custom pop up window. So, in each row there are two more columns for editing and deleting single row selected by user. Can I also send one complete row as Json format or single model to the controller? I have no idea how to do it.

Thanks in advance.
Tsvetina
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Nov 2018
2 answers
7.5K+ views

Hi,

I have read as many of the post surrounding this issue that I could find and still have no clue as to whether there is a solution that has been supplied for what seems to be a simple enough request.  I simple want the DatePicker to format the date as dd/MM/yyyy (Culture en-IE), yet the validation keeps throwing this error. Here's what I have and maybe someone out there can suggest more things to try.

My Model:

[DataType(DataType.Date)]
[Display(Name = "Birth Date")]
[DisplayFormat(DataFormatString = "{0:dd/MM/yyyy}", ApplyFormatInEditMode = true)]
public DateTime BirthDateE { get; set; }

 

My _layout.cshtml:

@*had to move it here from the bottom as otherwise ajax wouldn't work*@
@Styles.Render("~/Content/kendo/css")
@Scripts.Render("~/bundles/jquery")
@Scripts.Render("~/bundles/kendo")
@Scripts.Render("~/bundles/bootstrap")
@Styles.Render("~/Content/css")
@Scripts.Render("~/bundles/modernizr")
 
@RenderSection("styles", required: false)
@RenderSection("scripts", required: false)
 
<script src="~/Scripts/jquery.validate.min.js"></script>
<script src="~/Scripts/jquery.validate.unobtrusive.min.js"></script>
 
@* Adding style for DatePicker *@
<link href="../../Content/themes/base/all.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
 
<link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Lato" rel="stylesheet">
 
@* NOT <script src="/ReportViewer/js/telerikReportViewer-10.2.16.1025.min.js"></script>*@
 
<script type="text/javascript" src="https://www.gstatic.com/charts/loader.js"></script>
 
<script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/cultures/kendo.culture.en-IE.min.js")"></script>
<script>
    kendo.culture("en-IE");
</script>

 

My View:

<tr>
    <td class="text-right" width="30%">
        @Html.LabelFor(model => model.BirthDateE)
    </td>
    <td width="70%">
        <div class="form-group">
            @(Html.Kendo().DatePickerFor(model => model.BirthDateE)
                .Culture("en-IE")
                .Format("dd/MM/yyyy")
                .ParseFormats(new List<string>() { "dd/MM/yyyy" })
                .HtmlAttributes(new { @class = "form-control" }))
            @Html.ValidationMessageFor(model => model.BirthDateE, "", new { @class = "text-danger" })
        </div>
    </td>
</tr>

 

My web.config:

<system.web>
  <globalization culture="en-IE" uiCulture="en-IE" />
  <authentication mode="None" />
  <compilation debug="true" targetFramework="4.5.2" />
  <httpRuntime targetFramework="4.5.2" />
</system.web>

 

And my resulting screen shot is attached.

 

What am I missing to get this working?  It should not be this difficult!!!

Shawn

Divyang
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Nov 2018
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
Grid
General Discussions
Scheduler
DropDownList
Chart
Editor
TreeView
DatePicker
ComboBox
Upload
MultiSelect
ListView
Window
TabStrip
Menu
Installer and VS Extensions
Spreadsheet
AutoComplete
TreeList
Gantt
PanelBar
NumericTextBox
Filter
ToolTip
Map
Diagram
Button
PivotGrid
Form
ListBox
Splitter
Application
FileManager
Sortable
Calendar
View
MaskedTextBox
PDFViewer
TextBox
Toolbar
Dialog
MultiColumnComboBox
DropDownTree
Checkbox
Slider
Switch
Notification
Accessibility
ListView (Mobile)
Pager
Security
ColorPicker
DateRangePicker
Wizard
Styling
Chat
DateInput
MediaPlayer
TileLayout
Drawer
SplitView
Template
Barcode
ButtonGroup (Mobile)
Drawer (Mobile)
ImageEditor
RadioGroup
Sparkline
Stepper
TabStrip (Mobile)
GridLayout
Badge
LinearGauge
ModalView
ResponsivePanel
TextArea
Breadcrumb
ExpansionPanel
Licensing
Rating
ScrollView
ButtonGroup
CheckBoxGroup
NavBar
ProgressBar
QRCode
RadioButton
Scroller
Timeline
TreeMap
TaskBoard
OrgChart
Captcha
ActionSheet
Signature
DateTimePicker
AppBar
BottomNavigation
Card
FloatingActionButton
Localization
MultiViewCalendar
PopOver (Mobile)
Ripple
ScrollView (Mobile)
Switch (Mobile)
PivotGridV2
FlatColorPicker
ColorPalette
DropDownButton
AIPrompt
PropertyGrid
ActionSheet (Mobile)
BulletGraph
Button (Mobile)
Collapsible
Loader
CircularGauge
SkeletonContainer
Popover
HeatMap
Avatar
ColorGradient
CircularProgressBar
SplitButton
StackLayout
TimeDurationPicker
Chip
ChipList
DockManager
ToggleButton
Sankey
OTPInput
ChartWizard
SpeechToTextButton
InlineAIPrompt
TimePicker
StockChart
RadialGauge
ContextMenu
ArcGauge
AICodingAssistant
SmartPasteButton
PromptBox
SegmentedControl
LLM Kit
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?