This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Area chart not filling to 100%

6 Answers 75 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
matt
Top achievements
Rank 1
matt asked on 07 Mar 2014, 09:19 AM
I've got an issue with an area chart where by its not filling 100%, when it should.

See the chart below… 
I've blocked out the legend for client reasons.
The obvious one is to the right, but there are smaller areas that don’t fill 100%.

Along each point of the categoryAxis, the value in the series sum to 100% (I have checked in the data, I am totally sure of this).

I think what might be the problem is that along each point, there is not always the same number of items in the series (items in the legend - not sure of the terminology!).
Jul-08 may have 10 values.
Sep-12 may have 8 values.
Although they all sum to 100%.

I'm wondering if kendo is taking the number of data fields in the first category point and using that to calculate the rendering.

I have tried to use the same data with highchart, the result is really what I would expect to see.  Some white gaps for missing data, but all going to 100%.

Is there a setting or something that I am missing in kendo to achieve this?

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
matt
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Mar 2014, 09:27 AM
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
answered on 07 Mar 2014, 09:39 AM
Hi,

I tried to reproduce this scenario with a simple data set, but that didn't work:
      series: [{
        data: [80, 100]
      }, {
        data: [20]
      }]

-- Live demo --

Perhaps I'll have more luck with the real data set for the problematic dates.

Also, I'd like to add that we'll be offering a dedicated 100% stacked series type in the upcoming Q1 release:
http://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/Beta/dataviz/area-charts/stacked100-area.html

Please, feel free to give the beta a try. The official release is due in about two weeks.

Regards,
T. Tsonev
Telerik

DevCraft Q1'14 is here! Watch the online conference to see how this release solves your top-5 .NET challenges. Watch on demand now.

matt
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Mar 2014, 09:42 AM
So I guess my assumption was a little off then!!

I'll give the beta a try.  2 weeks wait is fine, we're not going live before then.

Thanks.
matt
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Mar 2014, 10:12 AM
HI,
I've just implemented the beta and found that I had to remove "max: 100" from the value axis otherwise the data didn't show, just a bar along the bottom.

Now however I've got the value axis going up to 120%?  With none of the point going above 100%.

It has filled nicely though!!  Almost there!
matt
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Mar 2014, 10:20 AM
max: 1 was what i needed!!

Question:  Are there plans to make an inverted stack chart?
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
answered on 10 Mar 2014, 01:34 PM
Hi,

Percents are ranged from 0 to 1, so max: 1 is exactly what you need.

What do you mean by inverted stack chart? Does this mean moving the stack base to the top with values growing down?

Regards,
T. Tsonev
Telerik

DevCraft Q1'14 is here! Watch the online conference to see how this release solves your top-5 .NET challenges. Watch on demand now.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
matt
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
matt
Top achievements
Rank 1
T. Tsonev
Telerik team