This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

The Menu is going behind the HtmlPlaceHolder

5 Answers 81 Views
HTMLPlaceHolder
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Richa
Top achievements
Rank 1
Richa asked on 14 Jun 2012, 05:23 AM

Hi Telerik Team,

I have a problem related to HtmlPlaceHolder control. I am using HtmlPlaceHolder to show the content of a html page. But when I use Menu control, the menu is going behind the HtmlPlaceHolder. I am attaching the images with this thread ,so that you can look at the problem.

Please provide me with the resolution.I am waiting for your reply.

Thanks

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Petar Mladenov
Telerik team
answered on 14 Jun 2012, 05:53 AM
Hello Richa,

In its core, the RadHtmlPlaceholder wraps an HTML IFrame which always sits on the top of the Silverlight plugin. So the behavior you have come up with is expected. You cannot place Silverlight control or Popup over the RadHtmlplaceholder. You can organize your menus to be on the left or on the right of the placeholder.

Kind regards,
Petar Mladenov
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Richa
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Jun 2012, 06:33 AM
Hi Petar,

I have to add Context menu on RadHtmlPlaceholder. I can't add it at some particular location. It will open at any location where i click mouse. If it is not possible for RadHtmlPlaceholder, then what can be the alternative for this.

Thanks.
Petar Mladenov
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jun 2012, 01:01 PM
Hello Richa,

We can only see a blank response from 14.6.2012. Could you please re-send your post ?

Regards,
Petar Mladenov
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Michele
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 21 Jun 2012, 01:51 PM
Hello,
in my SL4 application I've got the same problem....I've an horizontal menu and inside a radpane I've an RadHtmlPlaceHolder.... I can't re-organize my application ... what can I do?Thanks
Lancelot
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Jun 2012, 02:31 PM
Hi Paolo,

It has to do with the same issue as Petar mentions. HTMLPlaceHolder is an element that places itself at the highest possible point in the visual tree. It is meant to be used as a popup, or stand alone control. You won't be able to rearrange the visual tree of the elements that contain the HTMLPlaceHolder while it is open.

What are you trying to accomplish? There should be another way to achieve the same results without having to use the HTMLPlaceHolder in a RadPane. Possibly redeisgn the UI flow where the HTMLPlaceHolder doesnt need to be open and the need to move panes at the same time.

Lancelot
Tags
HTMLPlaceHolder
Asked by
Richa
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Petar Mladenov
Telerik team
Richa
Top achievements