This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Silverlight documentation

1 Answer 32 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
Paul asked on 03 Feb 2012, 01:13 PM
Hi 
Just purchased and installed .net controls and installed the silverlight controls.  After install it redirects me to this page:
http://www.telerik.com/help/silverlight/introduction.html 

I click on the docs and it says that that the controls are for silverlight 3 and 4 and that there are 40 controls.

Is this information/documentation out of date?.
Is silverlight 5 not supported?.
I was under the impression that there were over 60 controls, does this mean that the other 20 are not in the documentation?

Thanks
Paul 

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Tina Stancheva
Telerik team
answered on 07 Feb 2012, 05:13 PM
Hello Paul,

The information about the supported Silverlight version and the number of controls is outdated but it will be updated with the upcoming release. I updated your Telerik account for bringing the issue to our attention.

In the meantime, I want to assure you that the online documentation describes all RadControls for Silverlight. In the Introduction article you can examine the full list of controls the suite exposes - they are more than 60 at the moment.

Also, with the latest release - SP1 Q3 2011 we released assemblies build for Silverlight 5 although the demo solutions as well as the source code still target Silverlight 4. However with the upcoming release due later this month all our controls, source solutions as well as the demo solutions will target Silverlight 5.

Greetings,
Tina Stancheva
the Telerik team
Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Tina Stancheva
Telerik team
Share this question
or