This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

508 Issue with Menu

5 Answers 59 Views
Let's talk about telerik (the good and the bad)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Owen
Top achievements
Rank 1
Owen asked on 26 Oct 2015, 12:20 PM

I'm currently having an issue making the RadMenu 508 compliant. The drop downs can't be read by JAWS.

I found this solution: http://www.telerik.com/blogs/radmenu-for-asp-net-ajax---working-with-disabled-javascript

but it is not working. I'm using the latest version of telerik. 

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nencho
Telerik team
answered on 29 Oct 2015, 09:02 AM
Hello Owen,

I am afraid that currently the RadMenu does not possess WAI-ARIA integration. However, we are putting a major effort on integrating our controls and make them 508 compliant. This functionality is included in our ReadMap, however, I am afraid that I cannot provide you with an exact timeframe when it will be available.

Regards,
Nencho
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Owen
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Oct 2015, 12:10 PM

Thanks Nencho.

How about ComboBox? Does it possess WAI-ARIA integration?

Nencho
Telerik team
answered on 02 Nov 2015, 09:44 AM
Hello Owen,

The RadComboBox is fully compliant and it does possess the WAI-ARIA support. Please refer to the documentation articles below:

In addition, I would like to inform you that with our upcoming Service Pack , scheduled for  Nov 11, 2015 we will release some bug fixes and enhancements, regarding the WAI-ARIA support of the RadComboBox.
Furthermore, in the current Q, we are putting an effort on improving(and implementing) the WAI-ARIA support of our controls.

Regards,
Nencho
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Denisse
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Apr 2016, 04:31 PM

Hello,

Is there an update in regards to the RadMenu having WAI-ARIA integration?

Thanks,

Denisse

Nencho
Telerik team
answered on 06 Apr 2016, 09:55 AM
Hello Denisse,

The RadMenu's WAI-ARIA support is now internally implemented and it will be available with our upcoming official release - R2 2016, scheduled for May 4, 2016.

Regards,
Nencho
Telerik
Do you need help with upgrading your ASP.NET AJAX, WPF or WinForms projects? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
Tags
Let's talk about telerik (the good and the bad)
Asked by
Owen
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Nencho
Telerik team
Owen
Top achievements
Rank 1
Denisse
Top achievements