This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Hidden Column doesn't get refresh\Update

5 Answers 40 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Amit Patel
Top achievements
Rank 1
Amit Patel asked on 14 Nov 2011, 03:40 PM

Hello,
I am seeing some weird behavior with the grid view column when its state is hidden. Basically, I have the grid view that is bound to a collection, and its columns are shown when specific tab is clicked on the page. I also have model dialog for editing value. User can open this dialog and edit value by clicking on different tab views (Model has all the tab views as well for editing) and then commit changes by clicking OK on model dialog. The changed values show up right away on the columns that are not hidden. But, when switched to different view, columns still persist old values (switching between tabs cause columns to show and hide). I can see that underline bound property has been updated. It seems that when column is hidden property chagnes don't get updated.

Any suggestion to fix this issue?

Thanks,
Amit

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimitrina
Telerik team
answered on 15 Nov 2011, 12:39 PM
Hello Amit Patel,

We had a similar issue with the invisible columns, but it was resolved. Could you reproduce this behaviour with the with the latest assemblies? What is the version that you use in your project?

All the best,
Didie
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Amit Patel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Nov 2011, 03:01 PM

Didie,
I am using version 2011.2.712.1040. Can you tell me what version it was fixed on?
Thanks,
Amit
Dimitrina
Telerik team
answered on 15 Nov 2011, 05:09 PM
Hi Amit Patel,

It was fixed for the Q2 Service Pack (version 2011.2.920.1040).

All the best,
Didie
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Amit Patel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Nov 2011, 05:28 PM
Didie,
We are to the point where all of the testing on application has been completed and we just unconver this issue. if we change the version we would have to re-test everything, and we might not be able to do that. Do you have a work around for it?

Thanks in advance!
Amit
Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 16 Nov 2011, 07:43 AM
Hi,

Unfortunately we do not have workaround. Please use our service pack where we've included fixes for this and other Q2 2011 related issues. 

Regards,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Tags
GridView
Asked by
Amit Patel
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimitrina
Telerik team
Amit Patel
Top achievements
Rank 1