This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadDataForm Binding Error

8 Answers 61 Views
DataForm
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Alexandru
Top achievements
Rank 1
Alexandru asked on 06 Oct 2011, 03:14 PM
Hello ,
In our application we use RadDataForm to display some properties of an object(the data source object). Everything works fine, but when running the application we have spotted that two binding errors occurs. The binding errors occurs even if we don't set any proprieties of RadGridView. Below is the code we have tested(an empty default control):
<telerik:RadDataForm >
</telerik:RadDataForm >
The bindin errors:
System.Windows.Data Error: BindingExpression path error: 'CommitButtonVisibility' property not found on 'Client.Silverlight.ViewModels.ReferenceWorkspaceViewModel' 'Client.Silverlight.ViewModels.ReferenceWorkspaceViewModel' (HashCode=44903457). BindingExpression: Path='CommitButtonVisibility' DataItem='Client.Silverlight.ViewModels.ReferenceWorkspaceViewModel' (HashCode=44903457); target element is 'Telerik.Windows.Controls.RadButton' (Name='PART_CommitButton'); target property is 'Visibility' (type 'System.Windows.Visibility')..
System.Windows.Data Error: BindingExpression path error: 'CancelButtonVisibility' property not found on 'Client.Silverlight.ViewModels.ReferenceWorkspaceViewModel' 'Client.Silverlight.ViewModels.ReferenceWorkspaceViewModel' (HashCode=44903457). BindingExpression: Path='CancelButtonVisibility' DataItem='Client.Silverlight.ViewModels.ReferenceWorkspaceViewModel' (HashCode=44903457); target element is 'Telerik.Windows.Controls.RadButton' (Name='PART_CancelButton'); target property is 'Visibility' (type 'System.Windows.Visibility')

Best regards,
Alexandru

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Maya
Telerik team
answered on 07 Oct 2011, 06:44 AM
Hello Alexandru,

Actually, this is a known issue and it is due to a late setting of the DataContext of RadDataForm. You could ignore those exceptions as they will not affect in any way the behavior of the control. In the meantime we are working on resolving the issue since it is a bit annoying having them displayed in the output.

All the best,
Maya
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Valeriu
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Mar 2012, 03:19 PM

Any news on this?

Few releases later, as of 2012 Q1 SP1 the problem is still there.

Ivan Ivanov
Telerik team
answered on 29 Mar 2012, 11:00 AM
Hi Valeriu,

We have investigated this issue but unfortunately we are still not ready with a viable fix that won't be a breaking change for our clients. As my colleague has mentioned in the previous post, these errors should not effect by any means you application's performance or user experience. However, I perfectly understand your concerns about having unhandled errors in the output, so that we will do our best to introduce the fix as soon as possible. I will mark this thread in order to notify you of any updates on this.

Greetings,
Ivan Ivanov
the Telerik team
Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
Ivan Ivanov
Telerik team
answered on 27 Jun 2012, 08:29 AM
Hi Guys,

These errors were fixed with our latest Q release. You can test this by yourselves with the latest version of our controls - 2012.2.0625.

Greetings,
Ivan Ivanov
the Telerik team
Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>
Art Kedzierski
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 18 Sep 2013, 03:08 PM
I am still seeing these exact same errors in the latest version of the code a year later.

System.Windows.Data Error: BindingExpression path error: 'CommitButtonVisibility' property not found on 'GlobalLabManager.ViewModels.ManageResourcesViewModel' 'GlobalLabManager.ViewModels.ManageResourcesViewModel' (HashCode=22521054). BindingExpression: Path='CommitButtonVisibility' DataItem='GlobalLabManager.ViewModels.ManageResourcesViewModel' (HashCode=22521054); target element is 'Telerik.Windows.Controls.RadButton' (Name='PART_CommitButton'); target property is 'Visibility' (type 'System.Windows.Visibility')..

System.Windows.Data Error: BindingExpression path error: 'CancelButtonVisibility' property not found on 'GlobalLabManager.ViewModels.ManageResourcesViewModel' 'GlobalLabManager.ViewModels.ManageResourcesViewModel' (HashCode=22521054). BindingExpression: Path='CancelButtonVisibility' DataItem='GlobalLabManager.ViewModels.ManageResourcesViewModel' (HashCode=22521054); target element is 'Telerik.Windows.Controls.RadButton' (Name='PART_CancelButton'); target property is 'Visibility' (type 'System.Windows.Visibility')..
Ivan Ivanov
Telerik team
answered on 19 Sep 2013, 08:04 AM
Hello,

Which is the version of RadControls that you are currently using? I have tested it with Q2 SP1 without any success in  reproducing the issue. I am attaching a very simple test project. Can you please have a look and tell us whether the are any notable differences between my approach and yours.

Regards,
Ivan Ivanov
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for SILVERLIGHT.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Art Kedzierski
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 19 Sep 2013, 01:30 PM
v2013.2.724.1050. The only difference is you're using the trial version and I am not. As previously mentioned, the errors don't break anything, they just show up as unhandled. Here is my form.

<telerik:RadDataForm x:Name="_equipmentDetail"
                     ItemsSource="{Binding Equipment}"
                     CurrentItem="{Binding SelectedEquipment, Mode=TwoWay}"
                     Grid.Column="1"
                     Grid.Row="1"
                     AutoCommit="True"
                     AutoGenerateFields="False"
                     EditTemplate="{StaticResource EquipmentEditItem}"
                     NewItemTemplate="{StaticResource EquipmentEditItem}"
                     ReadOnlyTemplate="{StaticResource EquipmentReadItem}"
                     Margin="-1,0,0,0"
                     CommandButtonsVisibility="Add, Edit, Navigation, Commit, Cancel"/>
Ivan Ivanov
Telerik team
answered on 19 Sep 2013, 01:42 PM
Hi,

Would it be possible for you to send us a sample project that reproduces it, so that we would be able to debug it on our side?

Regards,
Ivan Ivanov
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for SILVERLIGHT.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Tags
DataForm
Asked by
Alexandru
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Maya
Telerik team
Valeriu
Top achievements
Rank 1