This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

TreeListView

3 Answers 64 Views
TreeListView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
Paul asked on 22 Jul 2011, 02:06 PM
Hi,

I am trying to alter your example code to allow the TreeListView to edit the data.

I have set the following attribute: -

IsReadOnly

="False"

On the RadTreeListView main element and also on each of the GridViewDataColumn elements. BUT when I attempt to edit a cell by double-click on the cell, I get an error thrown as follows: -

throw

new Error("Unhandled Error in Silverlight 2 Application [RFLCT.Targ_ITargMismatch]\nArguments: \nDebugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=5.0.60401.00&File=mscorlib.dll&Key=RFLCT.Targ_ITargMismatch at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.CheckConsistency(Object target)\n at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)\n at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)\n at Telerik.SilverlightExtensions.ReflectPropertyDescriptor.GetValue(Object component)");

Can you provide a simple example of how to achieve editing in this control ?...

Thanks Paul.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Maya
Telerik team
answered on 22 Jul 2011, 02:23 PM
Hi Paul,

Generally, there should be no problems to edit the RadTreeListView. What type is the collection the control is bound to in your case ? Do you have the IsReadOnly property set to any column ? 

All the best,
Maya
the Telerik team

Register for the Q2 2011 What's New Webinar Week. Mark your calendar for the week starting July 18th and book your seat for a walk through of all the exciting stuff we will ship with the new release!

Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Jul 2011, 02:59 PM
Hi Maya,

In response to your questions...

...as I posted in my original question...
I am trying to alter your example code to allow the TreeListView to edit the data.

... and...

I have set the following attribute: -

IsReadOnly="False"

There appears to be nothing left that is read only...

Thanks - Paul.

There appears to be nothing left that is read only...Thanks - Paul.
Maya
Telerik team
answered on 25 Jul 2011, 08:00 AM
Hello Paul,

I have tested the scenario and I was able freely to edit the elements in RadTreeListView. Please take a look at the sample attached to verify whether it corresponds to your requirements. Are you able to get the same behavior on this application ?

Kind regards,
Maya
the Telerik team

Register for the Q2 2011 What's New Webinar Week. Mark your calendar for the week starting July 18th and book your seat for a walk through of all the exciting stuff we will ship with the new release!

Tags
TreeListView
Asked by
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Maya
Telerik team
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1