This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

L2 Cache

1 Answer 52 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
alo
Top achievements
Rank 1
alo asked on 15 Jul 2011, 05:42 AM
Hello,

I have a couple questions regarding the L2 Cache.

1)  What is the best way to enable the L2 Cache for a web application?  If possible, please provide detailed instructions on how to do so.  I don't believe any of the ASP.NET examples in the SDK Browser enable the cache.  In a quick test, I was able to enable it by passing a BackendConfiguration object to my EntitiesModel on my web page, but I'm thinking there must be a better way. 

2) Does the OpenAccess DataSource use the L2 Cache?  When I enable the L2 Cache by passing in a BackendConfiguration object to my EntitiesModel, the OpenAccess DataSource does not use the cache.

Al

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Alexander
Telerik team
answered on 15 Jul 2011, 12:03 PM
Hi Alo,

You can enable the L2 cache globally in your backend settings and all context instances will have the level 2 cache enabled, so you can use the default constructor. To do that, right-click on the design surface and open the Model Settings dialog. Then switch to the Backend Settings tab, check the Enable the 2nd level cache checkbox and click OK.

Once you have this setup, the OpenAccessDataSource will also take advantage of the L2 cache, as it is using the default constructor of the context class and as we said, by default the cache will be enabled for all context instances. I hope that helps.

Greetings,
Alexander
the Telerik team

Register for the Q2 2011 What's New Webinar Week. Mark your calendar for the week starting July 18th and book your seat for a walk through of all the exciting stuff we will ship with the new release!

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
alo
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Alexander
Telerik team
Share this question
or