This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

The constraint [name] has an incorrect full name

3 Answers 64 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Erik
Top achievements
Rank 2
Erik asked on 18 Dec 2010, 03:50 PM
Hello,

I'm using MySql as a db. i added some tables today and dit "update from database" in my model. after that im getting warnings (in the ide vs2010): 

The constraint fk_users_applicationid has an incorrect full name.

I'm getting a bunch of them. When i dubbel click the error, i get the Resolve Validation Errors" dialog, but no clue what to do...

any ideas?

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Peter Huisman
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 21 Dec 2010, 09:34 AM
I'd be interested in the answer myself. Due to problems with openaccess I've had to backwards map a database that was made through openaccess earlier, might this have something to do with it?
Erik
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 21 Dec 2010, 11:49 AM

hoi Peter,

No, not really. No backwards mapping here. just added some tables and fk's...

must say, now I look at my project and the warnings are gone. Did build a few times Sunday, the warnings did stay there, but now they are gone... restart VS maybe...

hoi Peter,

No, not really. No backwards mapping here. just added some tables and fk's...

must say, now I look at my project and the warnings are gone. Did build a few times Sunday, the warnings did stay there, but now they are gone... restart VS maybe...

Alexander
Telerik team
answered on 21 Dec 2010, 05:00 PM
Hello,

We cannot be sure what has caused these warnings but here are some details how to resolve them:
 - Open the diagram and go to the Model Schema Explorer;
 - Expand the Constraints node and select the constraint that is reported in the warning message;
 - Go to the Properties grid (or press F4) and set the FullName so that it matches the Name property but surrounded with single quotes. For instance, if your constraint has name FK_Products_Categories, the fullname would be 'FK_Products_Categories'.

This should make the warning disappear. We will improve the handling of this problem for the next build and provide an action that automatically resolves it via the Resolve Validation Errors dialog. Please excuse us for the inconvenience caused.

Best wishes,
Alexander
the Telerik team
Accelerate your learning with industry's first Telerik OpenAccess ORM SDK. Download today.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Erik
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Peter Huisman
Top achievements
Rank 2
Erik
Top achievements