This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Feature Requests

1 Answer 37 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
MiddleTommy
Top achievements
Rank 1
MiddleTommy asked on 23 Aug 2010, 05:48 PM
Here are some of the things I desire from JustCode.

Ability to filter intellisense by public, protected, event, method, property... (very usefull when exploring a new component or deriving from one)

Contains (instead of StartsWith) filtering of all intellisense. I dont know of any ide helpers that do a contains filter in xaml (it is very annoying)

XML config file formating. Xaml formats ok but a plain xml config (web or app) file does not format.

The "ctrl + dot" shortcut should show the telerik refactor / navigate / f menus. (is there a shortcut that shows the telerik refactor color bar thingy?) In fact I often see the helper popups conflict with each other. I press escape often to just clear helpers so I can see what I am coding or get to the helper I want.

Accurate curly brace matching - ability to format a document when a nested curly brace is missing and tell you where it is missing.

accurate typeo ignoring / guessing (to correctly format code). JustCode should be thinking what could be there not what is there.(already mentioned on another post of mine)

get rid of that invisible window that is there when you alt-tab.

Better Error reporting with method parameters
when you have errors inside a method's parameters (especially extension methods) the error is the method cant be found it should say what parameters dont match. 

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Deyan Varchev
Telerik team
answered on 26 Aug 2010, 03:32 PM
Hello Tommy,

Thank you for sending us you feedback. We really appreciate it and it will affect our future planning. Let me address all of your enquiries.

> Ability to filter intellisense by public, protected, event, method, property... (very usefull when exploring a new component or deriving from one)

This will be part of the custom intellisense feature. We have a lot of requests for this now, so its priority is quite high. 

> Contains (instead of StartsWith) filtering of all intellisense. I dont know of any ide helpers that do a contains filter in xaml (it is very annoying)

This will work again as part if the custom intellisense.

> XML config file formating. Xaml formats ok but a plain xml config (web or app) file does not format.
    In general formatting a XAML and formatting XML files shouldn't differ. If you observed some strange formatting in some case, please submit a bug report with a short description of how to reproduce it and we will try and fix it.

> The "ctrl + dot" shortcut should show the telerik refactor / navigate / f menus. (is there a shortcut that shows the telerik refactor color bar thingy?) In fact I often see the helper popups conflict with each other. I press escape often to just clear helpers so I can see what I am coding or get to the helper I want.
    I presume the thing you are refering to is the Visual aid menu. It was introduced in the Q2 release and there was no shortcut for opening it. Today we released a service pack that contains a lot of improvements of the visual aid so I recommend you to try it out. There we introduced a shortcut for opening the visual aid - Ctrl + ~

> Accurate curly brace matching - ability to format a document when a nested curly brace is missing and tell you where it is missing.

We have tested formatting where there is a missing closing brace and in most of the cases it worked relatively well. JustCode should detect that there is a missing closing brace and show that as an error. If however it reports more than one error it means that the code parsing in that case isn't done so well and needs a fix. If you encounter such cases, please, send them over so that we can address them.

> accurate typeo ignoring / guessing (to correctly format code). JustCode should be thinking what could be there not what is there.(already mentioned on another post of mine)
    We have implemented some heuristics where possible to suggest you some relevant fix for some errors. We have gathered good ideas how to improve this even more so you could expect improvements there in the future.

> get rid of that invisible window that is there when you alt-tab.
    This was a nasty glitch that we introduced in the Q2 release that is already fixed in the service pack.

> Better Error reporting with method parameters
when you have errors inside a method's parameters (especially extension methods) the error is the method cant be found it should say what parameters dont match.  
    This was reported by others as well and we have it in our todo list for fixing. 

If you have any other questions or suggestions, please don't hesitate to send them over.

Regards,
Deyan
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
MiddleTommy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Deyan Varchev
Telerik team
Share this question
or