This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadTreeListView

1 Answer 38 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
kapil goyal
Top achievements
Rank 1
kapil goyal asked on 17 Apr 2010, 01:10 AM
Hi,

Due to our project requirement, we are implementing RadTreeListView CTP control, and replacing with RadTreeView. In RadTreeView, we are able to add binding in sorted order through CollectionViewSource. As we implemented this new CTP control, we are not getting any result. Please suggest..

CollectionViewSource svc = new CollectionViewSource();

svc.SortDescriptions.Add(

new System.ComponentModel.SortDescription("Name", System.ComponentModel.ListSortDirection.Ascending));

svc.Source = <here we have observablecollection>

tvDocuments.DataContext = svc;

But end result is nothing. The problem is when we get new item in collection, it is adding in bottom of tree and we want to make it sort.

I will apprecicate your response.

Thanks,

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Miroslav
Telerik team
answered on 22 Apr 2010, 09:37 AM
Hi kapil goyal,

I am sorry for the delayed reply.

Please note that the TreeListView is a CTP and major changes are expected for its next version as we are going to base it on the RadGridView. It is best not to base any production code on it yet.

I checked that the TreeList does not show the sorted items as expected. The ItemsSource needs to be reset to show the updated this. The release version of the TreeList will work with CollectionViewSources and will have a built-in support for sorting (like the GridView does now).

You can have a look at the attached project.

Greetings,
Miroslav
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
kapil goyal
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Miroslav
Telerik team
Share this question
or