This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

AutoCompleteTextView within UITableViewCell automatic scrolling

3 Answers 37 Views
AutoCompleteTextView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Ryan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ryan asked on 23 Aug 2016, 05:37 PM
UITableViewController automatically scrolls to UITextFields within UITableViewCells. This works for cells in which I have normal UITextFields however it does not work with the AutoCompleteTextView which has a UITextField inside a TKView. How can I make this automatic scrolling functionality work for AutoCompleteTextView? I got it working if I scrolled to it manually with the UIKeyboardWillShowNotification but I do not want to accomplish it this way because it will conflict with other code I have for next/previous buttons that scrolls to the next/previous text field.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Todor
Telerik team
answered on 26 Aug 2016, 02:37 PM
Hello Ryan,

Your custom solution sounds like a good option to handle scrolling to a non-UITextField view. Could you elaborate a bit more on the conflict that you are experiencing?

Regards,
Todor
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Ryan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Apr 2017, 06:13 PM
Support ID 1065134 I have replied to an email regarding this issue and had attached a project replicating the issue but I never received a reply regarding it.
Todor
Telerik team
answered on 20 Apr 2017, 11:43 AM
Hello Ryan,

Thank you for your post.

It seems like there is some misunderstanding here. The referenced support communication ends will a response from my colleague Sofia Lazarova on September 30th. I'm not sure I understand the email part. Have you received an email from someone else asking you for a project, or you are referring to a notification email about a ticket response? In case of the latter, please continue the communication in the support thread. Otherwise let us know the contact where you sent an email so we can see what's happening.

Regards,
Todor
Telerik by Progress
Want to build beautiful Android apps as well? Check out UI for Android which enables the same set of scenarios, allowing you to create the same great app experience on both iOS and Android.
Tags
AutoCompleteTextView
Asked by
Ryan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Todor
Telerik team
Ryan
Top achievements
Rank 1