This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Lightswitch what happend?

3 Answers 48 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Lukasz
Top achievements
Rank 1
Lukasz asked on 14 Feb 2014, 12:34 AM
What happend to 'promised' controls for lightswitch?
I can see various posts referencing some pages and blogs on your website  about  using SL UI in LS  but now the links give 404s.  All references to LS are gone from telerik.com
In some post telerik team member mentions that LS integration is on the way and how telerik is dedicated to be up to date with ms tech... But that was in 2010....

so, after rants my question is: is it on the way or you silently abandoned the lightswitch support.;-)

and yes, I am frustrated, I do not want to write my own gantt custom control!

ps.  These 404s are annoying, whenever I find some link reference to telerik.com which I think would be useful it gives oops! 

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Tina Stancheva
Telerik team
answered on 18 Feb 2014, 03:27 PM
Hello Lukasz,

As it turns out, we still have no immediate plans to develop controls specifically designed for LightSwitch. At this time what we recommend is using the components from our UI for Silverlight suite. You can use them to build Silverlight custom controls and add these controls in the LightSwitch screens. We have a few blog posts describing this approach:

I understand that this approach might not be what you're really looking for but it is currently the only approach available for utilizing our Silverlight components within LightSwitch. Still, we are actively monitoring our customers' demands and therefore we will keep discussing the LightSwitch support during our planning meetings in future. I would encourage you to follow the UI for Silverlight roadmap to keep track of the latest development plans for the suite.

Lastly, regarding the missing LightSwitch pages you mentioned, I want to shed some light onto why we had to take them down. Basically we created them when LightSwitch was first released and unfortunately the approach they described was very outdated and didn't work with the latest version of LightSwitch. This is why we instead created the blog posts I described above to demonstrate a sample implementation of a few common scenarios which our customers often have to implement in LightSwitch. I hope they will help you as well and in case you encounter any issues while using our components, please do not hesitate to describe them through our support ticketing system. We will gladly assist you in overcoming them and moving forward with your application.

Regards,
Tina Stancheva
Telerik
Lukasz
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Feb 2014, 08:49 AM
Ok, thnaks, but most important article link does  not work.
  • How to Use Telerik UI for SIlverlight in LightSwitch Beta 2

Oh, no! 
    Something's not right,
    but we're sorting it out.
Tina Stancheva
Telerik team
answered on 20 Feb 2014, 08:22 AM
Hello Lukasz,

Please accept my apology - indeed I have provided an incorrect link. The How to Use Telerik UI for SIlverlight in LightSwitch Beta 2 blog post can be opened through that link. Let me know if you have more questions.

Regards,
Tina Stancheva
Telerik
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Lukasz
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Tina Stancheva
Telerik team