Thank you for choosing Telerik Extensions for ASP.NET MVC.
This manual will guide you how to use Telerik Extensions for ASP.NET MVC to boost your
ASP.NET MVC application.
What is ASP.NET MVC
ASP.NET MVC is a free and fully supported Microsoft framework for building web applications
that use a model-view-controller pattern. Like ASP.NET Web Forms, ASP.NET MVC is built on
top of the ASP.NET framework.
ASP.NET MVC provides the following benefits:
- Provides complete control over your HTML markup
- Enables rich AJAX integration
- Intuitive website URLs
- Clear separation of concerns which results in web applications that
are easier to maintain and extend over time.
- Testability – including support for test-driven development.
What is Telerik Extensions for ASP.NET MVC
Telerik Extensions for ASP.NET MVC is a lightweight framework which helps you
build rich user interfaces for ASP.NET MVC applications while enjoying great developer productivity.
Telerik Extensions for ASP.NET MVC has the following features:
- Based on jQuery.
- Extensions of the HtmlHelper object for rendering UI elements.
- GZIP compression of resources to save some kilobytes of traffic.
- Combination of many resources in one request to
reduce the number of requests made to the web server.
- Componentization of resources and grouping - you can combine and
compress individual groups of web assets.
- CDN support. After testing your web site you can deploy your web assets
on a Content Distribution Network and easily link them in your ASP.NET MVC application.
- Support for multiple view engines - apart from the default view engine you can use any other view engine that supports
ASP.NET MVC: Spark, NHaml etc.